The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

Like Tree112Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2013, 06:17 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Swap #1 - Streamers - Round Two!

Well, the first swap of the season filled up in less than a day, and since we've already had interest in joining in expressed by two forum members who didn't see the post on this swap until it was full, I'm willing to try a "Round Two" for this Streamer Swap, to see if we can get more members into swapping these fun-to-fish patterns.

So, round two is officially open! If we get it filled, or close to it, by the end of this week, then I'll be willing to host both swaps.

Here's the same info that was posted for the first round:

This swap is for streamers. No limits on the type of streamer, other then to say that this is for fresh water species, or species that return to fresh water to spawn.

Anything from your basic Woolly Bugger to your fully dressed Atlantic Salmon Fly will do just fine; hackled, winged (hair and/or feathers), spun, etc. No size limits, so as small as you want to as large as you want.

If it fills, or if we get a good number of tyers signed up, we'll kick this one off on October 5th and finish it up, with all flies due in, by November 5th. Limit of 12 tyers, since some streamer patterns are challenging to tie and require more time. Everyone ties up 12 of the same flies, sends them to me and I'll return one each of all the different patterns back to you, plus you'll get your own back so that you'll have a compete set.

This one will be just as much fun as Round One, so go ahead and sign up for it!

1. bear 007 - Soft Hackle Green Butt - RECEIVED
2. random user - Muddler Minnow - RECEIVED
3. mbchilton - Black Woolly Bugger - RECEIVED
4. ghocevar - Bugger variant - RECEIVED
5. Jimmie - J Fair's Wiggle Tail - RECEIVED
6. Liphookedau - Marabou tailed Royal Coachman - RECEIVED
7. calftail - Algoma streamer - RECEIVED
8. theboz - Bunny Leech streamer - RECEIVED
9. baseman1 - Blue Charm - RECEIVED
10. bear 007 (#2) - Yellow Marabou Special - RECEIVED
11. gr8outdoorz - Rouse's Poodle - RECEIVED
12. s fontinalis - Sweeney Todd - RECEIVED

Pocono

Last edited by Pocono; 11-19-2013 at 02:29 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:17 AM

bear 007 is a glorious beacon of lightbear 007 is a glorious beacon of lightbear 007 is a glorious beacon of lightbear 007 is a glorious beacon of lightbear 007 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Swap #1 - Streamers - Round Two!

Sure count me in, I'm on my way out for the last day of the season, I'll try to catch you guys tonight with a pattern.

Last edited by bear 007; 09-30-2013 at 04:49 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:29 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

OK, you're in. Good luck today with the fishing!

Pocono
Old 09-30-2013, 01:27 PM

random user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the rough

< WAH! WAH! WAH! STOMP! STOMP! STOMP! >
Missed Round One
< / WAH! WAH! WAH! STOMP! STOMP! STOMP! >
, but plug me in for a dozen Muddlers by 1 Nov 13.

Last edited by random user; 09-30-2013 at 02:06 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:58 PM

baseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nice

If you don't get enough but are close I would be willing to do a second set of streamers this one of the buck tail variety.

“Be patient and calm – for no one can catch fish in anger.” – Herbert Hoover
Old 09-30-2013, 02:36 PM

Random user, you're in. Muddlers are a great streamer pattern.

Pocono
Old 09-30-2013, 02:51 PM

mbchilton is a jewel in the roughmbchilton is a jewel in the roughmbchilton is a jewel in the rough

Count me in for black woolly buggers
Old 09-30-2013, 04:28 PM

OK mbchilton, you're in and you've got the woolly bugger slot.

I catch a lot of fish on this fly; have for years. Why Russ Blessing's hellgrammite pattern works so well for so many different species at all times of the year is a question that I'm still looking for the answer to.

Pocono
Old 09-30-2013, 05:00 PM

bear 007 is a glorious beacon of lightbear 007 is a glorious beacon of lightbear 007 is a glorious beacon of lightbear 007 is a glorious beacon of lightbear 007 is a glorious beacon of light

Soft Hackle Green Butt
Click the image to open in full size.

It really doesn't have a name but they have been working great for me the last couple of weeks.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:32 PM

ia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of light

Awesome idea, I got in the first swap but thanks for doing this Pocono.