The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

Like Tree80Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2013, 09:44 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2013 Winter Fly Swap #2

Now that the streamer swap is wrapping up we are ready for the second swap of the 2013 winter season. I'm going to sponsor this swap and taking Buzz's suggestion, "caddis larvae, pupae, flymphs, soft hackles anything buggy" let your imagination go wild!

We'll kick this one off on Nov 15 and finish it up, with all flies due in, by Monday, December 16. Limit of 12 tyers, first come first served!

It's been awhile since we tied some Caddis/Flymphs/Soft Hackles, this should be fun!

Larry

1. ia trouter.....Soft hackle, Partridge and Orange with peacock thorax....Received....Delivered back
2. craigthor....Reverse Soft Hackle (Japanesse Kebari Style).....Received....Delivered back
3. liphookedau.....Grey Caddis Emerger....Received
4. s fontinalis....Iron Blue Dun....Received
5. mudbug.....Peacock and Gold Soft Hackle....Received
6. von behr....Soft hackle.....Received.....Delivered back
7. JP: Soft Hackle....Received
8. theboz: Steel Blue Pupa....Received
9. ghocevar: Soft hackle, Partridge and Orange....Received
10. gr8outdoorz....Silvey's Diving Caddis....Received....Delivered back
11. bear 007....Green Caddis Pupa....Received
12. monkeyboy....Black sheepshead size 14....Received

Ok, the fly swap is full, I'm really looking forward to see that fly patterns that you guys come up with!!!!

Here are the photos of the completed flies: 2013 Winter Fly Swap #2 Photos

Thanks again everyone for participating and putting all that work into some absolutely stunning patterns!

Larry

Last edited by mcnerney; 01-11-2014 at 08:29 AM.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:59 PM

ia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 2013 Winter Fly Swap #2

Count me in. A lot of options so I'll figure out something to tie soon.
Old 11-10-2013, 10:22 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

ia trouter, your the first in the swap! Congrats!

Larry

Old 11-10-2013, 10:33 PM

craigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to behold

I'm in - Reverse Soft Hackle (Japanesse Kebari Style)
Old 11-10-2013, 10:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigthor View Post
I'm in - Reverse Soft Hackle (Japanesse Kebari Style)
Sounds good, can't wait to see this pattern!

Larry

Old 11-11-2013, 01:55 AM

ia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to behold

Please put me down for a soft hackle, Partridge and Olive.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:29 AM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Larry I'm in would either a Grey or Fawn Caddis Emerger fit in ?
If not I'll pick another Pattern also could you advise whether Size 12,14 or 16 would be best for you Guys to use in The US as I can Tie any of them.
Brian
Old 11-11-2013, 07:45 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liphookedau View Post
Larry I'm in would either a Grey or Fawn Caddis Emerger fit in ?
If not I'll pick another Pattern also could you advise whether Size 12,14 or 16 would be best for you Guys to use in The US as I can Tie any of them.
Brian
Brian: Sounds good, you're in!

Larry

Old 11-11-2013, 08:01 AM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Larry I'll Tie The Grey Caddis Emerger in size 14 the other I'll send for you to try.
They both work well over here.

Also I forgot to add we just had about 1 1/2 -2 inches of Rain here last night which is really good & hopefully the Fires should now be all out as these fires are The Longest Burning Ones in History.
Brian.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:45 AM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

i'll play too...

Addicted To Vise