The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

Like Tree92Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2014, 06:11 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Midges: First Fly Swap for 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ia_trouter View Post
Or the 14th set of flies can go to casting for recovery. Don't tie if you don't have time. You do plenty around here Larry. Nobody is going to mind.
Thanks for the thought, but I will be able to get the midges done on time.....I will donate my flies to CFR/PHW.

Larry
jloncar likes this.

Old 01-08-2014, 10:46 AM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

Click the image to open in full size.

Hook: Allen N304 #18
Bead: D's Flyes Tyers Beads Midge S/L Silver
Body: UTC 70 Cream
Wire: Ultra Wire Sm Copper Brown

Finished with a coating of SHAN
Old 01-08-2014, 12:02 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Itchmesir: Beautiful work on those cream colored zebra midges!

Larry

Old 01-10-2014, 08:42 PM

craigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to behold

Enroute, let me know if I owe any extra for shipping only had a couple of ones in my wallet when I boxed it.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:34 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Hi Larry.
The Flies I Tied for The Swap are in The System as well as a few others & couple of Experiments as well as some for CFR & PHW.

Cheers.
Brian
Old 01-12-2014, 07:46 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigthor View Post
Enroute, let me know if I owe any extra for shipping only had a couple of ones in my wallet when I boxed it.
Craig: Sounds great, $2 should do fine for the return postage.

Larry

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liphookedau View Post
Hi Larry.
The Flies I Tied for The Swap are in The System as well as a few others & couple of Experiments as well as some for CFR & PHW.

Cheers.
Brian
Brian: Sounds great, and thanks much for the extra flies for CFR/PHW donation, you're awesome!

Larry

Old 01-13-2014, 08:08 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Larry.
There's some Few Fur Flies which The Browns really Love when The Dragon Flies are around.
The ones with The Rabbit Fur & The Dubbed Heads are ones I've developed over quite a few years also a few of The Guys I Fish With saw them copied them & are catching really Nice sized Fish on Them.
Brian
mcnerney likes this.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:53 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liphookedau View Post
Larry.
There's some Few Fur Flies which The Browns really Love when The Dragon Flies are around.
The ones with The Rabbit Fur & The Dubbed Heads are ones I've developed over quite a few years also a few of The Guys I Fish With saw them copied them & are catching really Nice sized Fish on Them.
Brian
Thanks Brain!

Larry

Old 01-14-2014, 05:15 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigthor View Post
Craigthor: Your flies arrived today, great looking pattern, congrats!

Jimmie: Your flies also came in today, oh yea, size 20's, sweet looking pattern! Thanks for the Velcro dubbing stick, I'll put that to good use!

Larry

Old 01-15-2014, 01:06 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgentile View Post
Hello all!

My flies are done but I do have a question(s) as this is the first swap I have participated in.

How do you suggest I prepare a "toe tag" for each fly? They are kinda small (size 20). Any thoughts on how best to do this is appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe
Joe: Your flies arrived in the mail today, gorgeous work, congrats!

Larry
jgentile likes this.