The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

Like Tree75Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2014, 12:55 PM

horsehead will become famous soon enoughhorsehead will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Swap #2 for 2014: Deer Hair!

Mine just arrived. Very cool ties indeed! Click the image to open in full size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dean_mt and baseman1 like this.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:49 PM

baseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nice

Looking good. Can't wait to get mine and for the season to open.

“Be patient and calm – for no one can catch fish in anger.” – Herbert Hoover
Old 03-17-2014, 10:02 PM

hokiehunter07 will become famous soon enough

Some sharp looking flies in the bunch. I just got home from a weekend of fishing Western NC and the Smokies in TN. Caught a pile of fish including four Tuckaseegee slams on Friday and about 9 native bookies on Sunday.

Got home from the trip and was greeted with these great flies. Hope everyone gets a chance to try them out.

This was fun.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
Old 03-18-2014, 12:46 AM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad that they arriving. I haven't had a chance to photograph anything, I am trying to complete a rod for my buddy who is coming this week and I'd really like to have it done. And I just might do it. I completed all the wrapping tonight. I'll be fishing these swap streamers by Friday!

baseman1 likes this.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:51 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Got mine and all I can say is WOW! There are some awesome flys in this swap! Thank you everyone for some excellent stuff and John as usual great job putting it together!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 03-19-2014, 09:00 PM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboz View Post
Got mine and all I can say is WOW! There are some awesome flys in this swap! Thank you everyone for some excellent stuff and John as usual great job putting it together!

I got mine a couple days ago and I agree, there are a bunch of winners in that box.
Old 03-19-2014, 11:02 PM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, it worked out well. Deer hair is a classic material, if you will, and creates some classic flies. I worked out as I hoped it would, a variety of streamers (all of the great btw), dries, wets and we even got a big old heavy nymph out of the deal! Its thanks to everyone for contributing that it worked out.

I want to get pics up in the swap pictures thread to show off all our work but I've just been so busy with this rod that I just got the last coat (I hope) of finish on. And tomorrow night is catching up and whisky with my buddy that flies in, Friday and Saturday are fishin...so sorry fellas...the pics are gonna have to wait! (Not really that sorry )
Old 03-25-2014, 02:50 PM

baseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nice

So anyone fish these flies yet? I'm living vicariously through y'all with open water as we still have solid rivers and another 2 weeks of snow storms planned. Fishing season is supposed to open Apr 15 but not looking very likely.

“Be patient and calm – for no one can catch fish in anger.” – Herbert Hoover
Old 03-25-2014, 03:07 PM

hokiehunter07 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseman1 View Post
So anyone fish these flies yet? I'm living vicariously through y'all with open water as we still have solid rivers and another 2 weeks of snow storms planned. Fishing season is supposed to open Apr 15 but not looking very likely.
I haven't yet, but I wish I would have. I went on a trip on the Tuckaseegee in NC and have fished a few mountain brookie streams. Could have used that humpy for sure but I suspended a #20 rainbow warrior under a Klinkhammer... In about an hours time I caught nearly a dozen up to about 12" on the mountain streams.
Old 03-25-2014, 04:59 PM

bear 007 is a glorious beacon of lightbear 007 is a glorious beacon of lightbear 007 is a glorious beacon of lightbear 007 is a glorious beacon of lightbear 007 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseman1 View Post
Ours starts the first of April, that's a joke, what happened to the °40F we where supposed to get this week, another storm tomorrow, I don't have the room to move it.