The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

Like Tree75Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2014, 10:02 PM

tpo has a spectacular aura abouttpo has a spectacular aura abouttpo has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Swap #2 for 2014: Deer Hair!

If you still have room, count me in. I really like tying deer hair flies, and bass bugs are my favorite, so I'll contribute a couple of bugs: deer hair popper, diver, and/or slider. I'm not familiar with how this works, so somebody has to fill me in.

Tom
Old 02-05-2014, 10:09 PM

chased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to behold

Count me in! I'll tie some sort of spun deer hair/rabbit zonker monstrosity.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:16 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Hey Tom, heres the deal. You tie one dozen of your chosen pattern and mail them to me. Its best to send your flies in decent container (Altoid tins are popular, but a small deli container works or whatever will keep your flies from being crushed). You also shall include a return envelope that your container will fit it, self addressed and with adequate postage.

Once I receive all the flies, by March 10, I will split them up so that everyone gets one fly from each tyer and mail your new dozen back to you in the container they arrived in.

I participated in a handful before hosting a couple last year. Its a fun wintertime distraction.

Welcome aboard!
Old 02-05-2014, 10:23 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpo View Post
If you still have room, count me in. I really like tying deer hair flies, and bass bugs are my favorite, so I'll contribute a couple of bugs: deer hair popper, diver, and/or slider. I'm not familiar with how this works, so somebody has to fill me in.

Tom
Pick a pattern and tie 12 of them. Ship to swapmeister with $2 or self paid envelope. Any more questions refer to the original post.
dean_mt likes this.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:27 PM

tpo has a spectacular aura abouttpo has a spectacular aura abouttpo has a spectacular aura about

OK, got it. Given that its a dozen flies I'll probably mix in some other patterns, like marabou muddlers, deer hair bluegill, etc. Looking forward to it, I've got some work to do!

Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
Hey Tom, heres the deal. You tie one dozen of your chosen pattern and mail them to me. Its best to send your flies in decent container (Altoid tins are popular, but a small deli container works or whatever will keep your flies from being crushed). You also shall include a return envelope that your container will fit it, self addressed and with adequate postage.

Once I receive all the flies, by March 10, I will split them up so that everyone gets one fly from each tyer and mail your new dozen back to you in the container they arrived in.

I participated in a handful before hosting a couple last year. Its a fun wintertime distraction.

Welcome aboard!
Old 02-05-2014, 10:38 PM

tail of the pool is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tail of the pool

Tom I am sure the swapmaster will clarify but I beleive it will be 12 of all one pattern to ensure everyone gets the same package back
dean_mt and itchmesir like this.
I think I fish, in part, because it’s an anti-social, bohemian business that, when gone about properly, puts you forever outside the mainstream culture without actually landing you in an institution. –John Gierach
Old 02-05-2014, 10:55 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Tom, one of the general rules of all swaps is that each player contributes all of the same fly. As mentioned above the idea is that everyone gets the same set of flies.

I kind of figured that maybe you weren't sure when you offered poppers, that would be a mighty task I imagine.

So if you can decide on one pattern let me know what it is, but if its not what you expected and don't want to commit, no worries.

Old 02-05-2014, 11:45 PM

Yeah, I'll be honest, it takes me a while to tie a deer hair bug, and I'll be gone most of early March, so tying a dozen identical bugs in time is going to be a challenge. If its not breaking the rules, I can contribute a dozen bugs, but they will be mixed divers/poppers (different color combo's mostly) I've accumulated over time. Let me know if that's OK, if not no problem, apologies for jumping in before I know what I'm getting into.

Tom
baseman1 likes this.
Old 02-06-2014, 12:04 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
Sweet. I like it Boz John! Do trout eat those?

Yep! Big Lake Brookies love em! As well as Pickeral , Walleye Bass and Peacock Bass. ! Oh and Browns as well!

---------- Post added at 01:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 AM ----------

And they are 80% Deer Hair!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 02-06-2014, 08:12 AM

baseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nice

If there is still room I would like to join. Green butt black buck streamer.

“Be patient and calm – for no one can catch fish in anger.” – Herbert Hoover