The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

Like Tree75Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2014, 11:20 AM

hokiehunter07 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Swap #2 for 2014: Deer Hair!

If you don't mind a newish member signing up I'd be happy to join. I love tying with deer hair but I'm not 100% sure what I'll tie. If I have time I'll do some deer hair poppers. If not I'll tie up some clousers.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:29 AM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Tom, really the only steadfast rule to a swap is that the flies you tie are all identical. Sorry. If you can't do that and get it down by the deadline, don't fret, there will be another swap before things thaw out! Please let me know if you want to stay in and make 12 flies of the same pattern or if you want to bow out. Thanks.

baseman and hokiehunter, you are both in. And we like new comers! Welcome aboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboz View Post
Yep! Big Lake Brookies love em! As well as Pickeral , Walleye Bass and Peacock Bass. ! Oh and Browns as well!

And they are 80% Deer Hair!
Pickeral? I can only get those in cans out here! Is the other 20% hook?
theboz likes this.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:59 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
Tom, really the only steadfast rule to a swap is that the flies you tie are all identical. Sorry. If you can't do that and get it down by the deadline, don't fret, there will be another swap before things thaw out! Please let me know if you want to stay in and make 12 flies of the same pattern or if you want to bow out. Thanks.

baseman and hokiehunter, you are both in. And we like new comers! Welcome aboard.

Didn't know they came in cans? Jars ? 20 % synthetic , helps with the action of the fly !
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 02-06-2014, 02:24 PM

tpo has a spectacular aura abouttpo has a spectacular aura abouttpo has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post

Thanks, and understood. I think I'll bow out then and wait for a swap where I know I can commit the time to do it right.

Tom
Old 02-06-2014, 02:46 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpo View Post
Thanks, and understood. I think I'll bow out then and wait for a swap where I know I can commit the time to do it right.

Tom
Alright. I hope you get into an upcoming swap...I like the looks of that bug in your avatar.

John: I wouldn't know a pickeral from a sardine!
Old 02-07-2014, 01:18 PM

Hey all, jgentile opted out of the swap.

So we are at nine, need three more over the weekend...tell your friends!
Old 02-07-2014, 02:32 PM

hokiehunter07 will become famous soon enough

So I know this is a deer hair swap but I'm just wondering if I can participate with a fly that only somewhat includes deer hair... ha. I got to tie flies with Chuck Kraft last Saturday and can whip up a pile of crittermites in short order. If you want me to stick with a popper or clouser I will no problem, but the crittermite is a sweet little bug that can catch browns or smallies and I'd love to hook everyone up with one.

Up to you all.
Old 02-07-2014, 03:04 PM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpo View Post

Tom

Read the description again. It doesn't have to be a huge, spun deer hair monster, it just has to have deer (or elk) hair in it. There are tons of flies that meet that criteria that can be easily tied.
dean_mt likes this.
Old 02-07-2014, 04:27 PM

tail of the pool is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tail of the pool

Actually it is up to you which pattern until the pack is in the mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokiehunter07 View Post
So I know this is a deer hair swap but I'm just wondering if I can participate with a fly that only somewhat includes deer hair... ha. I got to tie flies with Chuck Kraft last Saturday and can whip up a pile of crittermites in short order. If you want me to stick with a popper or clouser I will no problem, but the crittermite is a sweet little bug that can catch browns or smallies and I'd love to hook everyone up with one.

Up to you all.
dean_mt likes this.
I think I fish, in part, because itís an anti-social, bohemian business that, when gone about properly, puts you forever outside the mainstream culture without actually landing you in an institution. ĖJohn Gierach
Old 02-07-2014, 10:08 PM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold

I'll join this swap. It'll tie some Stimulators.
dean_mt likes this.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privelege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey