The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

Like Tree75Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2014, 11:15 PM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Swap #2 for 2014: Deer Hair!

Good to see you JoJer, you're in!

Hokiehunter, it is totally up to you man. As long as the pattern has deer hair...i've never heard of this crittermite but would love to see it.

For me, finding a new pattern or really nice variant on a classic is the best part of swapping flies.

Old 02-07-2014, 11:17 PM

hokiehunter07 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
Good to see you JoJer, you're in!

Hokiehunter, it is totally up to you man. As long as the pattern has deer hair...i've never heard of this crittermite but would love to see it.

For me, finding a new pattern or really nice variant on a classic is the best part of swapping flies.

The original pattern doesn't have deer hair but I can add some to hold true to the swap.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
Old 02-07-2014, 11:18 PM

baseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nice

6 done 6 to go.

“Be patient and calm – for no one can catch fish in anger.” – Herbert Hoover
Old 02-07-2014, 11:18 PM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokiehunter07 View Post
The original pattern doesn't have deer hair but I can add some to hold true to the swap.

Rule are made to be broken, do it!

Old 02-07-2014, 11:19 PM

hokiehunter07 will become famous soon enough

You guys will love these especially for smallies and Browns

Old 02-08-2014, 01:52 AM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

You can stencil me in for a bow river bugger variant.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:21 AM

baseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nice

So the recipe is:
#6 Mustad 2XH Wet Fly hook
Body 3/0 Black Uni
Tag/rib silver thread
Butt Green uni floss
Wing black buck tail
itchmesir likes this.

“Be patient and calm – for no one can catch fish in anger.” – Herbert Hoover
Old 02-08-2014, 01:18 PM

von behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud of

i'm in if there's still room. I'll tie a buck tail minnow thing with epoxy head. i don't know what to call it, but it's proven in battle with bass.
Old 02-08-2014, 02:24 PM

Excellent, you're in von behr.

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug View Post
Read the description again. It doesn't have to be a huge, spun deer hair monster, it just has to have deer (or elk) hair in it. There are tons of flies that meet that criteria that can be easily tied.
Mudbug, did you want in? Still two slots open.

Old 02-08-2014, 03:28 PM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
Mudbug, did you want in? Still two slots open.

Sure.

I was waiting to give some new people a chance on this swap, I guess I've given them long enough.

Not sure what I'll tie yet.