02-05-2014, 11:23 AM
Swap #2 for 2014: Deer Hair!
Fly tiers of all skill levels are invited to participate in this swap.
The only qualification is that the pattern you tie must prominently feature deer hair. Buck tail and elk hair are both OK, as one if from a deer and the other is a closely related cousin.
From compara duns to bucktail streamers, spun hair poppers (that would be cool!) to Goddard caddis and anything in between. Deer hair is a vitally important material in flies of all styles, wet and dry. I think we can create a really cool selection of diverse flies with this.
Open to 13 participants, that includes me, so everyone will tie 12 flies. I expect this to fill up by the weekend so we'll call February 10 the official start date and go for four weeks. All flies must be in my hands by March 10, 2014.
I will be tying either a Bucktail streamer OR a Turk's tarantula variant, haven't decided which direction to go. But I am urging everyone to consider your pattern when signing up, it may help others decide what to make.
1. tail of the pool: Muddy Muddler ... RECIEVED
2. itchmesir: WITHDRAWN
3. bear 007: Muddler....RECIEVED
4. calftail: Jacklin Salmonfly...RECIEVED
5. JoJer: Stimi....RECIEVED
6. Boz: perch bucktail...RECIEVED
7. von behr: bucktail original
8. chased: big pig monstrosity
9. baseman1: green butt black buck streamer...RECIEVED
10. hokiehunter: crittermite ... RECEIVED
11. Mudbug: Humpy…..RECIEVED
12. horsehead: Haystack...RECEIVED
Last edited by dean_mt; 03-13-2014 at 09:20 AM.