2014 Stonefly Swap?

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Seeing how Stonefly season is just around the corner and that there has been some talk about doing a Stonefly Swap--nymph or dry, so I'm putting this out there to see how many would be interested in joining in.
If your interested let me know, let's shoot for a deadline of Saturday May 31.

Edit: Just a reminder to add toe tags to your flies, this can be a simple piece of paper attached to the bend of the hook with your username and or pattern name, also be sure to include either a prepaid padded envelope or a couple dollars to cover the cost of returning the flies to you. Thanks!

Stonefly swap members:
1. Calftail......The Big Bad Stone......Flies Arrived!
2. Buddhist palm......Hare's Stone.......Dropped out of the swap!
3. S fontinalis......size 14 wiggle stone.......Dropped out of the swap!
4. Tail of the pool......Yellow Sally, size 10......Flies Arrived!
5. Mcnerney......Rosetta Stonefly Nymph......Flies Completed!
6. Bear 007......Soft hackle Golden Stone......Flies Arrived!
7. Williamhj.....Golden Stonefly nymph......Flies Arrived!
8. Jloncar......Black Stonefly nymph......Flies Arrived!
9. Nhflyfish......Barr's Jumbo John......Flies Arrived!
10. Kayo.......Wired Stonefly......Flies Arrived!
11. Stl_Geoff.......pattern TBD......Dropped out of the swap!
12. lthrnk03......Woven stronefly nymph......Flies Arrived!

Larry

Last edited:

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Potential due date Larry

Have some major work mid month but depending on the due date could fit something in
Good point, I hadn't really thought about it, but probably a due date of the end of May, depending on whether or not we get much interest.

Larry

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Ok sounds good, so far I have Calftail, Buddhist palm, S fontinalis and Tail of the pool as participants.

Larry

king joe

Reaction score
Ok, so I think I would be interested BUT....not quite sure how a swap works....and if Canadians even typically take part (shipping issues?).

I would be tying, probably, any of the steelhead nymphs I use here in the Great Lakes - Lake Huron.

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Ok, so I think I would be interested BUT....not quite sure how a swap works....and if Canadians even typically take part (shipping issues?).

I would be tying, probably, any of the steelhead nymphs I use here in the Great Lakes - Lake Huron.
We normally cap the swaps at 12 tiers, each person ties 12 flies sends them to the person hosting the swap, in this case myself, I distribute the flies so you get back one fly from each of the participants. You will need to put toe tags on your flies, that consists of your name/and or the flies name. When you send the flies in, send a self addresses padded envelope for me to return flies to you or include a couple dollars to cover the cost of shipping. The flies need to be in my hands by the end of May. If we don't get 12 tiers than only tie the number of flies we have participants. You can keep track of that on page one as I will keep that updated. If interested let me know.

Larry

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
We have five tiers so far, anyone else interested in a Stonefly swap, due date is the end of May.

Larry

tail of the pool

Reaction score
Would be happy to Submitt the Yellow Sally a really can't go wrong Size 10

Seeing how Stonefly season is just around the corner and that there has been some talk about doing a Stonefly Swap--nymph or dry, so I'm putting this out there to see how many would be interested in joining in.
If your interested let me know, let's shoot for a deadline of Saturday May 31.

Stonefly swap members:
1. Calftail......pattern TBD
2. Buddhist palm......pattern TBD
3. S fontinalis......size 14 wiggle stone
4. Tail of the pool......pattern TBD
5. Mcnerney......Rosetta Stonefly Nymph
6. Bear 007......D rib soft hackle Golden Stone

Larry