The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2010, 11:05 AM

MacFly55 will become famous soon enoughMacFly55 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Nymph Swap Fall 2010

this is looking like it is going to be another fun swap..

MacFly
Old 10-06-2010, 02:46 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Hey there, any more room? I'm rather new to the forum and would love to get in on a swap!
Old 10-06-2010, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent Dean, glad to have you aboard. I'll send out my address to all by PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:42 PM

monkeyboy is a jewel in the roughmonkeyboy is a jewel in the roughmonkeyboy is a jewel in the roughmonkeyboy is a jewel in the rough

O.K. i have it figured out now.
i was going off the track with a crawdad pattern
I'll do a Joe Brooks' Montana Ugly nymph
should be excellent for deep holes in big and small streams/rivers
looks like a hellgrammite or stonefly
buzz
Old 10-12-2010, 10:50 AM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Hey all!

So where do we stand on the patterns? Our generous host, Peregrine, had that nice list on the first page but it isn't complete, probably because I for one did not give a pattern when I signed up.

So that is where I am, wondering what the list looks like so I can come up with something and not duplicate too closely any of the flies already chosen.

Lookin forward to it! Thanks all.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:11 PM

ant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to behold

Dean, I did a bead head rainbow prince.

Mark, My flies are done for this swap but I'm waiting to send them in until I finish the one's for the turkey day swap, then I'll send in the whole bunch.
FlyFishinado - My Fly Fishing Blog
Old 10-12-2010, 04:03 PM

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Ant excellent, there's still plenty of time, so mailing both swaps together makes sense.

Dean, I'll jump in with an Isonychia nymph, and will update the first post to reflect everyone's patterns as they decide.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:24 PM

ChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud of

Here is a pic of the damsel nymph

Click the image to open in full size.

Chris

The New Zealand Flysite

"the fight is for habitait. Once its continuation is assured the fish will largely look after themselves." KD
Old 10-15-2010, 09:48 AM

Great one Chris, What kind of hook is that? It looks wicked!
Old 10-15-2010, 12:19 PM

Thanks, Mark et al. I have been too busy this week. And now with hunting season is just a week out and my last good fishing trip in the books, most of the empty space in my head is focused on that.

I'll come up with something soon and let you all now.