The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2008, 10:28 AM

Arkie24 has a spectacular aura aboutArkie24 has a spectacular aura about
Default I anyone interested in a White Bass / Crappie fly swap?

With 2009 around the corner, here in Northwest Arkansas whe look forward to the annual run of the White Bass up the White river. It usually occurs around the same time of the Crappie season in April. I would like to see some fly ideas in this area.

Thoughts?
Old 12-26-2008, 01:36 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of
Default Re: I anyone interested in a White Bass / Crappie fly swap?

If your in no hurry, I game. I have another swap going now with someone and then a bluegill swap with the group. I do a fly that is kinda like a crappie jig with no head( the lead is in the body) I fish under a med. strike indecater and just kind bounce it. great for spawing crappie or anytime they are fairly shallow. I live over in cent. AR about an hour north of Little Rock , wish teh damn wind would lay a little, been wnating to chase some bass and walleye with the nice temps but the wind is bad enough they got wind advisorys on the lake. and it's to damn cold to tip a boat now lol
Bear
Old 12-26-2008, 01:42 PM

Thanks Bear.
I would like to possibly get a swap going in February. I agree completely with the weather. Today is beautiful but the wind is gusting like crazy. They have FINALLY shut down the generators off the dam and the fish are crazy hungry now. Best of luck for 2009.
Old 12-26-2008, 03:32 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of

Sweet, they shut ours off back a couple months ago and you could catch bows and a few browns on anything you wanted to throw lol. It was nice to get back to trout after a long spring and summer of non-stop generating. Yeah Feb. will be good, teh blugill swap ends the 20 of jan and I am haveing both knees operated on in mid Jan. so late Jan or Feb works great.
Hope your 2009 is a great one and many fish find your net
Bear
Old 12-26-2008, 06:52 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

I AM A TYING FOOL! right now. Feb sounds good, as I can get the Bluegill swap in full swing.
I am in, just pm me if I forget and let me know if I can help in any way.
Old 12-26-2008, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post
I AM A TYING FOOL! right now. Feb sounds good, as I can get the Bluegill swap in full swing.
I am in, just pm me if I forget and let me know if I can help in any way.
Thanks Joni. I am sorry I missed the Bluegill swap. I defiantly look forward to the next one.
Old 12-26-2008, 09:33 PM

tgoodwater2002 will become famous soon enough

I am in for this swap!! I have all flies done for the 3 swaps I'm in!!

I am ready for another one. Count me in!!