The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2009, 07:08 PM

Greenwood will become famous soon enoughGreenwood will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Valentines Day Soft Hackle Fly Swap

Whizzer, I like that black krystal soft hackle ......that's the one I'll take;

and FlyKid, why do you think it's ugly?! Maybe you just need to tweak it a little. The materials seem like they should work out fine?! I used to tie one I called a 'wet possum'; I use(d) grey possum spun on red thread for the body and a brown partridge for the hackle. I guess you could say it was ugly but it sure did (and still does) work. I can't think it would look much different than the one you're describing. But, you do what you think is best! You gotta' be happy with it first!
Old 01-06-2009, 07:10 PM

Greenwood will become famous soon enoughGreenwood will become famous soon enough

Pocono, I sent that DVD out in the mail today. I think you're going to love it!
Old 01-06-2009, 09:00 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

I'm planning on tying a Gun Metal Pheasant Tail Nymph soft hackle (by Bob Bates, from FFF).

Larry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GunMetalPT.jpg (13.4 KB, 7 views)
Old 01-07-2009, 09:28 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Joni, that fly looked really fishy. I'm thinking one with copper flashabou, red wire, peacock herl, and partridge hackle would be a killer as well. I suppose that could be called a Copper Ass.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:28 AM

jclampwork88 will become famous soon enoughjclampwork88 will become famous soon enough

Thanks to all who have sent in their pattern and included pictures. As I said before, it will help us (participants) and others watching to learn and grow at tyers.

Greenwood - surprise me on pattern for me.

John
Old 01-07-2009, 09:29 AM

jclampwork88 will become famous soon enoughjclampwork88 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCliff View Post
I suppose that could be called a Copper Ass.
You heard it here first folks. Give it a year or two and it will be the hottest fly out there.

John
Old 01-07-2009, 10:25 AM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Cliff. This Uni Mylar also comes in BLUE/COPPER and GREEN/RED. I tied one in Blue with silver or black rid and call it LUNAR LIFE, the the RED with Black and call it LIFE ON MARS so the possibilities are endless. LOL
Old 01-07-2009, 05:41 PM

Midwest flyfish kid will become famous soon enough

Ya acctually this one was pretty ratty. I would use it myself but I dont know how anyone else would like it.

I can post a picture of it pretty soon
Old 01-07-2009, 06:30 PM

BlueBird will become famous soon enoughBlueBird will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlueBird Send a message via MSN to BlueBird

this would be my project... For the Valentines.. I will call it "Luv Me Softly Fly"...

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:44 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBird View Post
this would be my project... For the Valentines.. I will call it "Luv Me Softly Fly"...

Click the image to open in full size.
Great fly, from the ones I have seen this is gonna be a "sweet" swap. lol
Bear