The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2011, 08:06 AM

ant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Crayfish? Crawdad ? Swap?

Mine were waiting for me when I got home yesterday. Very nice stuff guys!!!! It's neat that we all tied the "same" fly, but it came out a dozen different ways.
FlyFishinado - My Fly Fishing Blog
Old 02-25-2011, 02:05 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
if it wasn't for AVG i'd be in the Library too
buzz
I have AVG now, but I almost ended up at the library because of Norton. I had the 360 version and it sucked and customer service at Norton I hate worse than sand in my eggs. I went and uninstalled it with the Norton uninstaller. It however, leaves a firewall behind pretty often that blocks you completely off the internet. If I didn't have a second computer, (thanks to programs I like that are not Vista compatable) I would have at the very least had to go to the library to download the Norton removal tool that gets all the crud, including the stinking firewall, out the uninstaller leaves behind. When it first blocked me off I called a help desk person who first thing tried to reset my modem. You have to be able to access the internet to undo the problems that causes. It only got worse from there. 5 hours and 3 techs later I got an advanced guy who said, "Oh yah, Norton is notorious for leaving a firewall and messing stuff up when you try and uninstall it." Thank goodness I had two computers. I was able to fix the modem and get the removal tool using it so I could fix my main one. Trust when I say I was not a fan of Norton to start with, but now I hate them with a flaming white hot passion.

The program I got the second computer for is my Lake Master map program that shows Lake of the Woods and the Rainy River in 1' increments. It shows everything but lost fishing tackle. Also the free photo shop that came with my first printer for free. I like it twice as much as the one I paid over $100.oo for. How does that work?
Old 02-25-2011, 09:50 PM

monkeyboy is a jewel in the roughmonkeyboy is a jewel in the roughmonkeyboy is a jewel in the roughmonkeyboy is a jewel in the rough

ooh man

can't thank you guys enough for all the cool patterns.

i got my work cut out for me.

real fine selection of material,

impressive

i'm sure i got the best end of the deal

all good

buzz

the universe in a drop of water

Norta Mudzoory
Old 02-27-2011, 07:49 PM

yetavon is on a distinguished road

dads made it safe and sound...some great work folks
Thanks to all
Darrin
Old 02-28-2011, 09:00 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Got mine as well. Everything looks like it'll work really well here, i just need to write what is what incase i lose some haha

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 02-28-2011, 09:42 PM
Banned

Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Mine showed up today, thanks everyone.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:18 PM

ozarkadver is on a distinguished road

Received my flys today. They look great. Thanks to everyone. Now lets get some fish pics and reports.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:32 AM

ChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
I have AVG now, but I almost ended up at the library because of Norton. I had the 360 version and it sucked and customer service at Norton I hate worse than sand in my eggs. I went and uninstalled it with the Norton uninstaller.
Norton! I have a $800 paper weight because of them, avg and avast are both better even last years free version!

Got my flies today great stuff guys

Chris

The New Zealand Flysite

"the fight is for habitait. Once its continuation is assured the fish will largely look after themselves." KD
Old 03-08-2011, 06:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisinselwynNZ View Post
Norton! I have a $800 paper weight because of them,
Chris
I've had a couple of viruses, and none of them did as much damage as Norton did. I'd risk going without anything before I put Norton back in my computer. There are no words to express my absolute hatred of Norton.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:04 AM

yetavon is on a distinguished road

Norton.....move the R....as in You R Not On my computer
Darrin