The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2009, 10:46 PM

rmooney is just really nicermooney is just really nicermooney is just really nicermooney is just really nice
Default Re: One more

dude, count me in! streamers...i think i have a couple to choose from.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:12 PM

rmooney is just really nicermooney is just really nicermooney is just really nicermooney is just really nice

woolly buggers are fair game right? because i just tied up a couple flashy modified buggers and they turned out pretty good. those are on a size two (im goin for the big bass w/ those), but ill cut the size down to probably a six.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:33 AM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of

Ya bet woolies are fair game. Glad ya joind.
Bear
Old 02-04-2009, 09:16 AM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of

OK ya'all
It is so far
me
mcnerney
jdorsey
fishn50
joni
webrx and
rmooney
Need 5 more , come on lets make this one a full dozen,, who else wants to play????????????????????????????????????
Bear
Old 02-04-2009, 09:49 PM

joni- just thought id let you know im using that holo-tinsel you sent to me (from the bluegill swap) for my woolly buggers for this swap!
Old 02-04-2009, 10:02 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

What exactly are we talking? Bait fish, leech? Like Woolly Buggers, Mohair Leeches, Muddlers, Zonkers....?
Old 02-04-2009, 10:06 PM

Just streamers in general, I am gonna do a bigger size 8 or 6 marabou wet fly, I'll post a pic in a day or so, if no one lieks it I will come up with a diffrent one lol, it will have a pair of hackle for the tail and marabou body and mallard hackle on the front. I know there is a couple takes on woolies. bucktails, what ever you want.
Bear
Old 02-05-2009, 08:09 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

Six done, six to go. I'll post up a picture if I get a chance when I get home from work today. Mine is a rootbear colored "Wooley Sculpin" on a size 8 Mustad 9671 with hare hide wings (fins). As I said before, I am a beginner so don't be too disappointed in my fly tying skills, just know that I am trying hard to make them look nice and, I know they will catch fish, at least in the Truckee River here in Reno.

Dave
Old 02-05-2009, 08:52 AM

Web dont stress yourself man, just do your best.
OK for those who have not done a fly swap yet.
What I will need is the following.
ofcourse your flies- toe taged(fly name-makers name)
the receipe
and 200.00 for sending them back to ya LOL
J/K a couple bucks or a SASE
Any ?'s give me a holler and I'll be glad to help you
Bear
Old 02-05-2009, 09:08 AM

P.S.
When you send the flies please be sure to put Dogwood TR NOT DR
we have a dogwood Trail and a dogwood Drive here, we also have a dogwood Lane a dogwood road and a Dogwood street,,,,,,glad I am NOT a postman here LOL we have a few other roads like that,,,, the same name but diffrent endings liek DR, TR, LN and so on, talk about freaking confusing
Bear