The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2009, 07:14 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MAY Chironomid Swap

rmoonry, got yours
Old 04-22-2009, 01:55 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Just got Greenwoods

The Chironomids are coming in now and I can't wait to try these:

1. Pocono GOT THEM
2. Whizzer GOT THEM
3. Me GOT THEM
4. Bear
5. mcnerney GOT THEM
6. Greenwood GOT THEM
7. Doc GOT THEM
8. aroostookbasser GOT THEM
9. KRD GOT THEM
10. BlueDun GOT THEM
11. Tony GOT THEM
12. rmooney GOT THEM

SO, just BEAR left
Old 04-22-2009, 05:54 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post
Just got Greenwoods

The Chironomids are coming in now and I can't wait to try these:

1. Pocono GOT THEM
2. Whizzer GOT THEM
3. Me GOT THEM
4. Bear
5. mcnerney GOT THEM
6. Greenwood GOT THEM
7. Doc GOT THEM
8. aroostookbasser GOT THEM
9. KRD GOT THEM
10. BlueDun GOT THEM
11. Tony GOT THEM
12. rmooney GOT THEM

SO, just BEAR left
Old 04-22-2009, 10:04 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of

OK, I just tied them up and will get them in tha mail in the morning. I hope ya like them, its my first go at the dudes.
Bear
Old 04-22-2009, 10:05 PM

Right On sure we will, but I know I will if it hooks the biggun! LOL
Old 04-30-2009, 04:55 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Received mine on Wednesday. They look really nice.

Mary, I could hardly see that #22 under the cellophane tape. Thought it was a stray hair for a minute!

Joni, did you get the Chromies?

Bear, did you get the Illiminators?

Great swap! Thank Joni.
Old 04-30-2009, 06:00 AM

Got mine yestreday as well, thanks every one.
I did get the Illiminators, thanks Pococno
and thanks for the float and box Joni
Great job all
Bear
Old 04-30-2009, 05:57 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Joni,

How does the float work? This is for stillwater fishing - right?
Old 04-30-2009, 06:49 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Joni: Received the chironomids today, nice job everyone, can't wait to hit the lake to try them out! Thanks so much for the slip indicator.

Pocono: Yes you are correct, the slip indicator is for stillwater fishing when you are using long leaders 12-15ft or longer. With the long leader and an indicator it makes it hard to net the fish with a normal indicator on the leader. I didn't know how to rig it either so I did a Google search, here is what they say:
You thread your leader through the hole in the peg first and run it up the line. You then thread the leader through the hole in the indicator and run it up the line. Find the desired depth you wish to fish and then holding the peg and the indicator apart you push the peg into the indicator leaving a loop of the leader outside of the indicator. When you set the hook on the fish the two pieces of the indicator will come apart and slip down the leader thus not interfering with netting the fish

Larry
Old 04-30-2009, 06:54 PM

If you go to my blog, I did a little video on how they work.....he, he, he.