The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2009, 01:29 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dry Fly Swap?

Pocono

Thanks for the well wishes! I'm definitely going to post pictures regardless of how we do fishing. This is a little early in the year (it's mainly midges and BWO fishing), but still the Green River below Flaming Gorge Reservoir is a beautiful place. From the dam down stream 7 miles to the Little Hole takeout, this length flows through a 1000 to 2000 foot deep canyon, rimmed with magnificent red walls. The crystalline water is unique even among Rocky mountain streams creating a gigantic, spectacular aquarium for observing fish. They call this section of the river "The Aquarium" because of the ability to see the fish and sight cast to them.

Larry
Old 03-24-2009, 06:54 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Pocono

Thanks for the well wishes! I'm definitely going to post pictures regardless of how we do fishing. This is a little early in the year (it's mainly midges and BWO fishing), but still the Green River below Flaming Gorge Reservoir is a beautiful place. From the dam down stream 7 miles to the Little Hole takeout, this length flows through a 1000 to 2000 foot deep canyon, rimmed with magnificent red walls. The crystalline water is unique even among Rocky mountain streams creating a gigantic, spectacular aquarium for observing fish. They call this section of the river "The Aquarium" because of the ability to see the fish and sight cast to them.

Larry
Sounds nice. I've got to get out West. I've only fished Montana's Paradise Valley and I know that there's a lot of great water in the Rockies. I can tell that you're psyched for this trip. I would be, too!
Old 04-14-2009, 12:49 PM

rmooney is just really nicermooney is just really nicermooney is just really nicermooney is just really nice

mine went out today!
Old 04-14-2009, 06:46 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmooney View Post
mine went out today!
Thanks mrooney, I'll be watching out for them. #16 flying ant - right?
Old 04-14-2009, 08:36 PM

rmooney is just really nicermooney is just really nicermooney is just really nicermooney is just really nice

yes sir.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:07 PM

rmooney,

Your flies arrived today. I like the white antron wing with the grizzley hackle on the ant pattern; nice effect. Thanks for getting them to me early.

Thanks also for the 3 extra files for BlueDun's Reeling & Healing donation.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:13 AM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of

OK, I got mine off in the mail this morning. I did change from a stim. to a caddis pattern that I do good with, hope ya'all like 'em.
Bear
Old 04-17-2009, 05:09 PM

aroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura aboutaroostookbasser has a spectacular aura about

Tying up those olive humpies over today and tomorrow. Should be in the mail by midweek. Will send along a few flies for Blue Dun as well......good cause.

"As The deer Thirts For Water, I thirst for you Oh Lord"

North Woods Wanderings
Adventure into the North Woods.......

"Aroostook Flyers and Tyers"
Old 04-17-2009, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arfishinbear View Post
OK, I got mine off in the mail this morning. I did change from a stim. to a caddis pattern that I do good with, hope ya'all like 'em.
Bear
Bear,

Caddis is one of my favorite patterns. Tomorrow the fly fishing season opens here in PA. So, being that it's early season, I'll be fishing mostly nymphs; but in a dry/dropper configuration. And guess what the dry will be - a #14 elk hair tan caddis! Can't wait to see them!
Old 04-17-2009, 07:10 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocono View Post
Bear,

Caddis is one of my favorite patterns. Tomorrow the fly fishing season opens here in PA. So, being that it's early season, I'll be fishing mostly nymphs; but in a dry/dropper configuration. And guess what the dry will be - a #14 elk hair tan caddis! Can't wait to see them!
Sweet, have a great trip and good luck
Bear