The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2009, 08:21 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dry Fly Swap?

KDR and BlueDun, welcome to the swap. Here's where we stand as of now:

Bear
Greenwood
Rmooney - flying ant
Joni - Klinkhammers
Wyatt
Pocono - LiR
Mcnerney
FISHN50
Aroostookbasser
KDR - Crystal Wulff
BlueDun - Parachute Adams

One more to go! It's been along winter, but the hatches are coming!
Old 02-08-2009, 08:28 PM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

I'm tryin gto improve my tying skills, and seems like tying a bunch of the same fly is a good way - the old practice makes perfect scenario. So, I'll play if you'll have me.

Dave
Old 02-08-2009, 08:35 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Dave, you bet! Welcome to the swap.

We have our dozen! Unless anyone's thinking "baker's dozen"?

Here's the Dry Fly Swap tying list:

Bear
Greenwood
Rmooney - flying ant
Joni - Klinkhammers
Wyatt
Pocono - LiR
Mcnerney
FISHN50
Aroostookbasser
KDR - Crystal Wulff
BlueDun - Parachute Adams
Webrx

Thanks everyone. I love fishing dries. This should be really good for each of our fly boxes!

Pocono
Old 02-08-2009, 08:45 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

NICE! I will start this week so don't be surprised if you get them early. Half done with the Streamer swap, and got my Chironomids almost done so I am a TYING MACHINE!!!!!
Old 02-08-2009, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post
NICE! I will start this week so don't be surprised if you get them early. Half done with the Streamer swap, and got my Chironomids almost done so I am a TYING MACHINE!!!!!
You're unreal!! And, everyone loves your flies!

For those "early birds", here are the sending details (and I haven't even got my materials together yet - sheeesh!):

Allan Jarvis
PO Box 747
Pocono Pines, PA 18350

Please include toe tags for each of your flies and the tying recipies; or send the recipies to me by PM or post to the thread. I'll put together a photo/recipie page for the flies; will post it to the thread and will send hard copies out to each of you.

Also, please send your return address and a couple bucks for postage and I'll send one each of the 12 patterns back to you in boxes.

Pocono
Old 02-08-2009, 09:13 PM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

If it is ok with everyone, I am going to try and tie some "easy elk hair caddis".

Dave
Old 02-08-2009, 09:34 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of

EHC works for me, use them alot.
Bear
Old 02-08-2009, 10:31 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Dave: That sounds great, the EHC works great in our local streams.

Larry
Old 02-08-2009, 10:35 PM

Greenwood will become famous soon enoughGreenwood will become famous soon enough

I may not be too early but I'm looking at an extended body sulphur/pmd.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:29 PM

OK, I'll give the EHC a try then, if I can't get something I'm willing to share/let others see, I will fall back to a Griffith's Gnat. Sorry to waffle, but, still a fly tying beginner, as I said, and I would hate to dissapoint anyone - especially me.

Dave