The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2009, 04:29 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dry Fly Swap?

Here's the latest update on the roster and your planned patterns:

Bear - stimulator(?)
Greenwood - extended body sulfur/pmd
Rmooney - flying ant
Joni - Klinkhammers
Wyatt - Wyatt's Caddis
Pocono - LiR
Mcnerney - Barr's Viz-a-dun
FISHN50 - ?
Aroostookbasser - ?
KDR - Crystal Wulff
BlueDun - Parachute Adams
Webrx - Deer Hair Caddis

Any pattern decisions FISHN50 and Aroostokbasser? Let me know. Thanks.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:46 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmooney View Post
dave- this summer im goin up to my families lake house in northern wisconsin, and im devoting an entire day/weekend to catching a fish on EVERY (yes every) fly i obtain from a swap. im goin to photograph each fish with the fly in its mouth. im so pumped for that! im sure your flies are awesome!

rob
I have a two sided fly box, and cleared half of one side of it out to put in the flies I get from this and the streamer swap. I intend to fish each one on the river and if I catch a fish with them, I will get a pic as well and post it up. Not sure mine are awesome, but I did my best to make sure they are fishable.

d
Old 02-18-2009, 09:53 PM

BlueDun has a spectacular aura aboutBlueDun has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrx View Post
I have a two sided fly box, and cleared half of one side of it out to put in the flies I get from this and the streamer swap. I intend to fish each one on the river and if I catch a fish with them, I will get a pic as well and post it up. Not sure mine are awesome, but I did my best to make sure they are fishable.
That sounds like a fun idea! Can't wait to see all the fish!
Old 02-23-2009, 12:14 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Here's another update. Two sets of dries arrived today; Joni's Klinkhammers and webrx's Dear Hair Caddis. Both very, very nice ties! We will enjoy fishing these flies! Thanks.

And only 3 months early!!

If the other swap tyers want to move up the swap deadline, then that's OK with me. Let me know what you think.

I still need patterns from Aroostookbasser and FISHN50. Any decisions yet guys?

FYI - I'll be out of the country on business for the rest of the week, back next Saturday night. If you leave any messages for me, I'll respond on Sunday.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:27 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of

I cant promise how early I could get mine tied, still hard to set at the desk for any amount of time, but if every one wants to make it sooner I can see what I can get done
Bear
Old 02-26-2009, 04:56 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Bear

Don't push it, let those knees heal up nice. We can wait on the dry flies, besides I haven't even started mine yet. I'm working my way through the Chironomid fly swap at the moment.

Larry
Old 02-26-2009, 09:51 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of

LOL thanks , They are getting better for sure, i am walking a little and starting PT, all the dressing and stuff are off.
I have some going for this swap and the chironomid swap and keeping track of my two swaps, I can ty about 2 at a time then gotta get out of teh chair and laydown, anyway I'm working on it all and should have everything done a little early
Bear
Old 02-28-2009, 02:43 PM

Guy and gals,

No push on the timing from my standpoint; the truth is that I'm a swap behind Bear right now (I'm working on the Streamer Swap flies)! Then on to Joni's Chirnonimds, then to the dries.

So, if everyone's OK with keeping the Memorial Day deadline, then it's fine with me.

Aroostookbasser / FISNIN50 - any decisions on your patterns yet? Let me know.

Thanks,

Pocono
Old 02-28-2009, 07:52 PM

BlueDun has a spectacular aura aboutBlueDun has a spectacular aura about

Keeping the original Memorial Day deadline is fine with me. I am still trying to find the type of hackle that I want to use. May take another week or two to order and receive it.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:12 PM

Wyatt is on a distinguished road

Ok I got my Fly's tied and am building toe tags, rmooney I use MFC Etha-Wing Mottled Web Material from Montanna Fly, I have found it at a couple of local Fly Shops and use this material in various colors in several different patterns that I am still playing with, it floats really nice. Here's how I did these.
Wyatt’s Caddis
TMC 101 Hook #12 down to #20,
Black Thread
Run thread to hook bend and dub with Super Fine Brown or color to match in your area,
Dub to hook point and tie in Grizzly, Dunn or brown hackle, hackle should be about
1 ˝ hook gap or longer can be trimmed later, continue dubbing to 1 eye length back
From eye, palmer hackle forward and tie off, cut hackle off close to top and sides leaving the hackle to simulate legs, use appropriate size wing cutter and cut
Wing from MFC Etha-Wing material, I use Mottled Web color, tie wing in behind eye
I then throw in a half hitch or whip finish knot to hold, and then tie in 2 elk hairs for
Antenna’s, whip finish and a drop of head cement, trim hackle on bottom to suit.
Wyatt
PS Alan I'll git em in the mail in the next couple of days. have some for donating with em.