The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2009, 08:54 PM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: BWO Life Cycle Swap

As discussed above, the sproat bend wont allow a bead, so to make this a little more interesting I am making these flashback pheasant tail nymphs, using Pearl/Rainbow flash for the back. got one tied up and pretty happy with it, so a slight modification from the original PTN possibly with a bead to a FB PTN - no bead.

d
Old 03-08-2009, 09:04 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Great Dave, sounds good.

Mark
Old 03-11-2009, 01:56 PM

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

I'll tie up an emerger, since that slot is open, a Baetis CDC Emerger size 20.

Hopefully we'll get a few more folks. If not, I'll divide them all up among tyers.

mark
Old 03-13-2009, 02:21 PM

Bumpity bump bump.

Looking for more recruits. All are welcome, due date may 1.

mark
Old 03-13-2009, 08:50 PM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

Well, at least we got one of each, so if nobody else joins and we all tie 12, we can just send em in and get 3 flies of each type. The rest you could send to the charity box.

I have 7 tied now and will probably finish the rest tonight. I am planning on sneaking out and hitting the river in the afternoon - better tie a couple extras and try them out.

d
Old 03-15-2009, 11:24 PM

Finished the FB PTNs, gotta toe tag em and the ones for the emerger swap.

On a different note, took my buddy (my 7 year old) fishing today, way windy but we had a good time. He was heaving flies on his spinning rig (a split shot and bobber too) Nailed a brown, but he ran the boy into some tree roots and snapped him off. First thing he did when we got home is call his grandpa and brag

I didnt get to fish with the boy there, but I did notice some Little Brown Stoneflies in the gravel just off the side of some pocket water/riffles - so tied up a couple AP Nymphs, and hopefully I will be able to get back out to that spot some time this week. the river is just getting fishable again, but we got another storm heading our way. Maybe it will miss us.....

Anyway just thought I would share the "fish story" about my fishing buddy.

d
Old 03-23-2009, 09:33 AM

going in the mail today.

d
Old 04-01-2009, 05:42 PM

Dave, your flies arrived today, very nice job!

Mark
Old 04-03-2009, 09:51 PM

Thanks Mark, still a beginner, but I try hard
Old 04-08-2009, 04:53 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by peregrines View Post
Bumpity bump bump.

Looking for more recruits. All are welcome, due date may 1.

mark
I've just finished up Joni's Chironomid swap and I have some time if you'd like another swap member. May 1st seems doable; even though it's clearly a little late for me to enter a swap with a 3 week timeline.

I'd likely tie a nymph pattern; although I haven't ruled out a dun pattern yet. What would you recomend for a source book(s) so that I can get a look at the natural BWO larvae / pupae?

How many flies per swap member?

Let me know.

Pocono