The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2009, 10:27 AM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of
Default Bass Bug swap

I gotta be crazy just finnnishing one swap and have jiond two others, but at the request of a friend I am going to do one more. Heres the deal, a bass bug swap set to finnish July the 31st. The flies? Either top water or crawdad patterns. I am going to do deer hair poppers, but they can be made from foam, balsa, cork or what ever for the top water flies.
I know top water bugs take awhile to do, that why I am makeing the dead line almost 4 months from now.
Who wants to play?
Bear
Old 04-04-2009, 11:15 AM

rmooney is just really nicermooney is just really nicermooney is just really nicermooney is just really nice
Default Re: Bass Bug swap

because i am a huge lake fly fisherman, i cant resist this. i just finished the dry fly swap, and am working on the chironimid swap. im glad you made it a late deadline, or i wouldnt be able to hop on! im def in for this one. ill let you know when i decide a pattern...
Old 04-04-2009, 11:32 AM

rmooney is just really nicermooney is just really nicermooney is just really nicermooney is just really nice

ill be tying a zonker claw crayfish!
Old 04-04-2009, 12:07 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of

Sounds good man, thanks
Just 10 more to go lol
Bear
Old 04-04-2009, 08:19 PM

Arkie24 has a spectacular aura aboutArkie24 has a spectacular aura about

Hey Bear! YOU ARE THE MAN! I love this idea. Let me have a few days to decide what I will create but this will be a blast!
I can not wait for some summer morning fishing waiting for ole bucketmouth to bust the top of the water!

I am IN!
Old 04-04-2009, 09:02 PM

Good deal,
Thanks
Bear
Old 04-07-2009, 10:26 PM
MikeyBob365 will become famous soon enough

i would like to join, but as a newb to fly tying (well pretty new to fly fishing in general!) i would like to tye something that'll be easy on me, but i want to make sure its effective for the rest of you as well!

what do you guys think of the leech mouse?
YouTube - Tying the Leech Mouse
i saw on fly fishing connections a mouse under the bass archive, but i wasn't too sure... if it isn't that great for bass, let me know, i'll look around for something better!

EDIT:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWAUXPrbw_Y
possibly this? all i need to do is go out and get rabbit hair for either

so i'll leave it up to you guys to decide, i really don't mind, i just want to get some experience, and make a good quality fly for everyone!
Old 04-08-2009, 12:20 AM

the leech mouse is pretty cool, that seems like a great fly for a begginer to tie (im kind of a begginer myself)
Old 04-08-2009, 12:56 AM

shoot yeah, eitrher one will work.
Thanks
Bear
Old 04-08-2009, 10:40 PM
MikeyBob365 will become famous soon enough

how much does the rabbit hair strips run about? cause if it isn't too expensive i'll go for the sunfish... otherwise i'll be going with wallet for the leech mouse!

and if anyone has a different pattern for the sunfish they'd like to recommend that'd be cool.