The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2011, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute
Default Favorite Winter Fly Swap

Thanks to Dave (Webrx) for suggesting this one-- this year we'll do "favorite fly" swaps for each of the seasons.

For this swap tie up 12 copies of your favorite winter fly. To keep it a surprise, don't give the name of the pattern just yet-- just say you're in.

As always, tyers of all abilities are welcome.

Due Date March 15, 2011.

1. Webrxn- RECEIVED
2. Lancer09 - RECEIVED
3. Monkeyboy - RECEIVED
4. ChrisinselwynNZ - RECEIVED
5. HuronRiverDan - RECEIVED
6. Mudbug- RECEIVED
7. Pocono - RECEIVED
8. JoJer - RECEIVED
9. Nerka - RECEIVED
10. peregrines- DONE

Last edited by peregrines; 03-22-2011 at 10:47 AM.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:34 PM

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Favorite Winter Fly Swap

Just a bump to the top so folks see this swap too.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:38 PM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

You already got me, but of course I am in,

I am gonna tie at least 12 whatchamacallit flies

d

Last edited by webrx; 01-19-2011 at 11:57 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:07 PM

lancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of lightlancer09 is a glorious beacon of light

Marvelous, time to get tying.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:25 PM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

I'm in if you'll have me...

Dan
Old 01-21-2011, 11:44 AM

monkeyboy is a jewel in the roughmonkeyboy is a jewel in the roughmonkeyboy is a jewel in the roughmonkeyboy is a jewel in the rough
Talking Re: Favorite Winter Fly Swap

i'm good to go
i have my favorite winter flies
and my favorite ready to ship
as a matter of fact i'm getting them in the mail today

all good

buzz

the universe in a drop of water

Norta Mudzoory
Old 01-21-2011, 04:45 PM

Great Dan, glad to have you.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:02 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

Bumping to the top, and throwing in a reminder for all the new folks on the list, everyone is welcome to play in the swaps, there are no restrictions on how new or old a tier you are (lord knows they put up with some of the junk I have tied in the past). So, if your a beginning tier, but are sitting back because you are worried about quality or the only thing you can tie so far is a wooly bugger, jump in on these swaps! I am willing to bet we all still fish wooly buggers (I know I do), and you will get a dozen different flies (at least) when the swap is all done!

I have caught (and released) some big fish on flies I have gotten from the swaps, I have gotten better and faster tying patterns I use all the time, I have learned to experiment with materials, techniques, etc all because of the swaps. AND, these swaps are great for honing your fly tying skills - put a dozen of the same fly together in a short period of time and see how much different the first is from the last - you might surprise yourself.

Dave
Old 01-23-2011, 07:08 PM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold

I want in on this one also.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:42 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good to me!

Pocono