The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2011, 06:58 AM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Early Season Dry fly Swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbfly View Post
Fulling Mill "Scorpion" bl 31810can give you a link if you want to buy some....cheap and great hooks.
Thanks jbbfly,the link would be great as I've in the past used & still have some different English Fulling Mill dry Fly Hooks hooks.
Brian.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:49 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liphookedau View Post
Thanks jbbfly,the link would be great as I've in the past used & still have some different English Fulling Mill dry Fly Hooks hooks.
Brian.
pm sent....you can call me jp....like everybody here
Old 03-17-2011, 03:22 PM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of

better late than.....

Click the image to open in full size.

going out in the mail!
Old 03-17-2011, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Great flies JJBut will have to pinch the barb
Old 03-17-2011, 05:17 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

jbb fly Thanks for the link.
Futuramille nice Flies.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:05 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuramille View Post
better late than.....

Click the image to open in full size.

going out in the mail!
True that! Nice work, man.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:49 PM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of

thanks all, best standard dry fly pattern I know...so its truly my dry "fishing" favorite. I left the barbs up to give everyone a choice. They should make it in time to be included in the swap. Great looking flies in this swap everyone. I love these swaps, and my flies were done weeks ago...just didn't tag and bag. Boy how time seems to fly in the spring.

This little pattern has saved the day several times for me in the spring. last spring I caught a "hat trick" in the same spot with the same fly...with one of these.

they are tied on offset Mustad limericks...better hookups IMHO. Wierd in the vise though, have to crank it sideways and over to line the eye straight up and down.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:54 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuramille View Post
thanks all, best standard dry fly pattern I know...so its truly my dry "fishing" favorite. I left the barbs up to give everyone a choice. They should make it in time to be included in the swap. Great looking flies in this swap everyone. I love these swaps, and my flies were done weeks ago...just didn't tag and bag. Boy how time seems to fly in the spring.

This little pattern has saved the day several times for me in the spring. last spring I caught a "hat trick" in the same spot with the same fly...with one of these.

they are tied on offset Mustad limericks...better hookups IMHO. Wierd in the vise though, have to crank it sideways and over to line the eye straight up and down.
Looks like a Hare's ear parachute, gold ribbed and griz hackled - is that right? Great fly, man.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:30 AM

Its my spin on an adams parachute actually. Rabbit body hair, silver danville ultra rib and furnace brown/grizzly mix hackle and tail. I oversize the hackle on purpose to help it in faster water....fish don't mind.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:31 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Flies from Eric (Mudbug) arrived today and others are on the way, so we're almost there guys.