The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2009, 09:52 AM

rmooney is just really nicermooney is just really nicermooney is just really nicermooney is just really nice
Default Re: Wooly Bugger Swap?

im finishing mine sunday, and sending them monday. only 2 more buggers left!!! can i get the address??
Old 08-28-2009, 05:53 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmooney View Post
im finishing mine sunday, and sending them monday. only 2 more buggers left!!! can i get the address??
Just sent you a PM with Pocono's address.

Larry
Old 08-28-2009, 08:18 PM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

Mine went in the mail today.

d
Old 08-29-2009, 01:20 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

I'm back!

Here's what happened. Last Sunday when I got back from vacation, I booted up my home computer and it automatically downloaded an update to MS Windows - and that was that - I lost my connection to the forum and it's been that way until Frank fixed it for me yesterday (thanks, Frank! )

While I was away, I received Buggers from Jimmie and BlueBird; both very nice ties. You guys are going to enjoy fishing these Buggers.

Here's an update for everyone, as of Friday AM:

FISHN50 - Black & red Bugger - IN THE MAIL
Rmooney - Beadhead grizzly Bugger - ALMOST / TO BE MAILED
Pocono - Adams Bugger - COMPLETED
Aroostookbasser - BC Bassin Bugger - IN PROCESS
Mcnerney - Bite Me Bugger - IN THE MAIL
Arfishinbear - Brown and copper sparkle Bugger - TO BE MAILED
Peregrines - Chili Pepper - RECEIVED
Davec921 - Blue & silver Bugger
Hardyreels - tbd
Jimmie - Conehead white grizzly crystal Bugger - RECEIVED
Webrx - Exorcist Bugger - IN THE MAIL
Neversink - Wet Dog Bugger - RECEIVED
BigCliff - The Holy Grail - IN THE MAIL
BlueBird - Fiery Smoke Bugger - RECEIVED

Only one week left until the Labor Day due date. Hard to believe, but Summer is almost gone.

Don't forget - 14 flies for this swap.

For those of you who still need my address, here it is (Larry, thanks for forwarding it to those who were asking):

Allan Jarvis
PO Box 747
Pocono Pines, PA 18350

Now that I'm back up and running, PM me with any questions that come up.

Ard and Dave, what's your status? Let me know.

Thanks,

Pocono
Old 09-01-2009, 12:05 PM

rmooney is just really nicermooney is just really nicermooney is just really nicermooney is just really nice

in the mail!
Old 09-01-2009, 07:39 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

I received Mcnerney's Bite Me Buggers today in the mail. Nice effect with the tapered body and bead head.

I think I've complained about this in the past, but as the flies come rolling in, the temptation to try out a few of them gets pretty high - but I haven't done it - yet!

So, here's the latest update:

Rmooney - Beadhead grizzly Bugger - IN THE MAIL
Mcnerney - Bite Me Bugger - RECEIVED
Davec921 - Blue & silver Bugger
Hardyreels - WILL MAKE IT ON TIME

Does anyone know anything about Davec921? I've messaged him twice and no reply. He was way out in front with his Buggers back in the early Summer, so I'm not sure what the story is with him. Let me know if any of you have a line on him.

AB - how are you coming along? Let me know. Thanks.

Pocono
Old 09-03-2009, 04:58 AM

I heard back from Dave; his flies will be in the mail this week.

So, it looks like we're pretty much on track and here's what might be the last update:

Davec921 - Blue & silver Bugger - IN THE MAIL
Hardyreels - WILL MAKE IT ON TIME

Now I've just got to figure out how to use the Coolpix 4500 camera that Tob1 recommended to me, so that I can get these Buggers posted for everyone to see.

Pocono
Old 09-03-2009, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Let me know when mine get there, I'm starting to wonder if my postage was sufficient.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:34 PM

Today must have been a religious holiday here in the Poconos - I received the Holy Grail and the Exorcist Buggers; both in the same day! Hey Webrx, where's the "olive hurl"; I had to look at the tail to find it - guess that make it a real Exorcist Bugger, for sure!

These two ties are also reallly nice, and different. I know that lot of the people on this forum have a mental picture of what a Woolly Bugger looks like when someone uses the term, but I've got to tell you, we've got a lot of variation in this swap; colors, shapes, sizes. These are going to fun to fish!

One more update (I'm just cutting and pasting now, so now sweat on the updates):

Davec921 - Blue & silver Bugger - IN THE MAIL
Hardyreels - IN THE MAIL
Webrx - Exorcist Bugger - RECEIVED
BigCliff - The Holy Grail - RECEIVEDBlueBird - Fiery Smoke Bugger - RECEIVED

So, we're over 1/2 way there; that's good. Let's get the rest of them in and we'll all be able to go fish these flies and have some fun!

Let me know if you're having any problems with the due date.

Thanks,

Pocono
Old 09-04-2009, 04:37 PM

I received Rmooney's flies today; beadhead grizzley Buggers with a nice hackle collar. That's 9 in and 5 to go. I know that Hardy Reels' and Davec921's flies are in the mail.

What's up with Aroostookbasser, FISHN50 and Arfishinbear? Let me know, guys.

Have a good Labor Day weekend; Fall's not far away, which means that the trout fishing will start picking up again.

Thanks,

Pocono