The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Fly Swap

Fly Swap Trade flies with other tyers.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2009, 07:37 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wooly Bugger Swap?

Sure, i'll play too.

This will be fun.

mark
Old 06-12-2009, 07:52 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

OK Mark! Four more slots left in this swap. Come on tyers! This is Wooly Bugger Swap; easy and fun! Plus, you get a lot of fish thrown in as an extra!
Old 06-12-2009, 08:01 PM

Davec921 has a spectacular aura aboutDavec921 has a spectacular aura aboutDavec921 has a spectacular aura about

Ok Im a novice when it comes to tying. But I will give it a shot if thats cool
I have tied a few buggers. I dont have any special patterns yet.
So any ideas are welcome.
I think I have size 10 hooks.
Let me know if you all want me an Ill try to ty one up an get a pic so see if it will work for you.
Thanks
DAVE
Old 06-12-2009, 08:11 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Dave,

Absolutely. Everyone on the forum is welcome in this swap.

The Bugger is a great tie to cut your teeth on (many of us did just that). As you tie them, you'll find that you'll naturally start experimenting with the materials and the form of the fly. You'll have fun. In the meantime, you can test your Bugger ties by doing what we all like doing best - going fishing!

Send a pic along when you think you've got something that the fish will go for.

You're in! Go for it and have some fun!

Pocono
Old 06-12-2009, 08:20 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

OK, FG talked me into it. Is an egg sucking glo bug considered a wooly bugger?
Old 06-12-2009, 08:43 PM

Mojo,

You're going to need someone alot better informed than I am to answer that question.

I think that this is a basically a purple Wooly Bugger with a ball of hot pink or red chenille tied in at the eye of the hook - right?

I've read online that it mimics a leech attempting to swallow a salmon egg. A guide once tied one on my leader when we were in a stretch of King Salmon water on a South American river. But, outside of that, I have no experience with the fly whatsoever.

Welcome to the Wooly Bugger Swap!

Only two slots left!
Old 06-12-2009, 11:45 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Allen,

I will tie some and join in,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 06-12-2009, 11:47 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

If you don't fill up a White crystal WB here, sz # 6
Old 06-13-2009, 04:56 AM

I think we're there!

Here's the roster of tyers as of this morning:

Joni
FISHN50
Rmooney
Pocono
Aroostookbasser
Mcnerney
Arfishinbear
Peregrines
Davec921
Mojo
Hardyreels
Jimmie

Looks like a great group! Plenty of time for some experimenting on this one with a Labor Day send date.

In the meantime, message me with any questions, comments, pictures (pics always welcome!) that you have; as well as the name of (or at least a short descripton of) what you're going to tie up for the swap.

Here's the send address for any of you who tie up your Buggers early:

Allan Jarvis
PO Box 747
Pocono Pines, PA 18350

Thanks,

Pocono
Old 06-13-2009, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post
I just realized, the biggest fish I have caught was on a "Hot Chocolate" by Bill Schiess.
Guess what....it's a woolly bugger! Just little is all.

I watched a program awhile back where they said that a black/while woolly represented a drown worm......hummmmm. I tried it after that and it worked! I wonder why I moved away from them.

I think I will do the Midnight Fire if we get this one going.
Looks like you can crank up the Midnight Fire, Joni!

Any pics of that fly? It would also be fun to see your Hot Chocolate tie. How could anyone pass up the fly that they caught their biggest fish on??