The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing Classifieds > Fly Tying Materials, Tools etc.

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2017, 08:26 PM

hairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond repute
Default HMH Spartan Vise For Sale

THIS VISE HAS BEEN SOLD... While clearing out some cabinet space for an incoming hackle order, I came upon my old HMH Spartan vise, complete with a hook/hackle gauge. Outside of a chip or two on the backside of the pedestal base, the vise doesn't look much different than it did when purchased. I tend to take good care of my gear, no matter what it is.

At any rate, as "my kids" all have their vises for this year, and since I do have a hackle order to pay for, I'm offering up my HMH for $150, shipped to your door. And, I'll throw in a fair number of hooks and tying tools-- bobbins, hackle pliers and the like --to go along with it.

If you're interested, please drop me a PM or shoot me an e-mail. And, as is my way, Paypal works out best for me, as I'd rather be tying than driving to the bank. My Paypal information is: jwarrington1@copper.net

Hope everyone is staying warm. It's down to 0 here already, and the night is still young. Tie 'em tight and tie 'em well, my friends...

Jerry, aka hairwing530

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by hairwing530; 01-06-2017 at 10:25 AM.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:47 PM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HMH Spartan Vise For Sale

That very well could be the last vise you ever have to buy, no matter who you are. I've had mine for about 10 years and it does it's job perfectly. The HMH is a precision machined, piece of beauty; form meets function nothing more nothing less. Great deal on this one!
fredaevans, hairwing530 and pm287 like this.
Old 01-05-2017, 10:27 PM

scotty macfly has a brilliant futurescotty macfly has a brilliant futurescotty macfly has a brilliant futurescotty macfly has a brilliant futurescotty macfly has a brilliant futurescotty macfly has a brilliant futurescotty macfly has a brilliant futurescotty macfly has a brilliant futurescotty macfly has a brilliant futurescotty macfly has a brilliant futurescotty macfly has a brilliant future

We should just entitle Jerry's house; The House of Hackle.
rockthief and hairwing530 like this.
Old 01-05-2017, 10:49 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
That very well could be the last vise you ever have to buy, no matter who you are. I've had mine for about 10 years and it does it's job perfectly. The HMH is a precision machined, piece of beauty; form meets function nothing more nothing less. Great deal on this one!
Have the same vise, excellent bit of kit; last one you'll buy.

fae
dean_mt and hairwing530 like this.
Old 01-05-2017, 11:23 PM

cnstanton will become famous soon enoughcnstanton will become famous soon enough

Would this be good for a beginner
hairwing530 likes this.
Old 01-05-2017, 11:51 PM

kayo is a splendid one to beholdkayo is a splendid one to beholdkayo is a splendid one to beholdkayo is a splendid one to beholdkayo is a splendid one to beholdkayo is a splendid one to behold

Nothing but the best, jump on it. exc price for what you get.
hairwing530 likes this.
Old 01-06-2017, 12:57 AM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnstanton View Post
Would this be good for a beginner
Yes, it is a great vise for anyone. There is nothing fancy about it as you can see, but it functions flawlessly. It holds hooks from #16 - 2. It will hold 18-20s also but if you get into tying small I recommend a midge jaw. The jaws - or the actual vise portion - screws out of the collet by hand. Jaws are a snap to switch out. There are only a few adjustments that can be made; angle of the head, tension on rotation of the jaws, and for the size of hook. And like I said, it could be your first and last vise because it will last forever. And HMH customer service is excellent if you have any questions or want a new set of jaws.
hairwing530 likes this.
Old 01-06-2017, 06:17 AM

hairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond reputehairwing530 has a reputation beyond repute

I've got to go along with the guys on this one, as I'm in total agreement on the HMH being a "first buy, last buy" sort of vise. Does the sale of this one mean that I'll be "HMH-less?" Not a chance! I still have an HMH Standard that belonged to one of my late daughters, as well as the Dyna-King Barracuda that once was familiar to our other late daughter's hands. With those and my Regal, my HMH can be sent on to a good home, and hopefully bring its new owner as much pleasure as it did me.

And, should this HMH move on, don't be surprised if a number of "surprises" accompany it on its journey. You all know how I am about "surprises..."

Have a great Friday, my friends. I've got a woodstove to stoke, and bugs to tie...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Old 01-06-2017, 07:53 AM

cnstanton will become famous soon enoughcnstanton will become famous soon enough

I'm definitely interested in it.
Old 01-06-2017, 08:53 AM

cnstanton,

If you'd like the vise, simply pay the freight, my friend, and I'll start packing it up. And, if you let me know what flies you intend to start tying up, I'll see what I can do about adding some of the necessary materials to the box, along with the tools and such. Just let me know...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
mcnerney likes this.