New Features on NAFFF
I am sure you have noticed some changes to the forum these past few days. In case you may have missed some here is a list of the ones I found helpful.
1. First you will notice a new menu bar just below the NAFFF name. One feature that I like and find very useful is the FORUMS menu. The FORUMS now has a drop down menu with Latest Forum Post added. This is the same as New Post on the Forum page. I know that many members have bookmark the Forums Page and that is where we first enter the site. With this new link we will be able to bookmark the Home page and review all of the good information posted there. When you are ready you can access all of the New Post from the home page by clicking on Latest Forum Post. There is a lot of new and useful information on the Home Page and many of us are not taking advantage of it. I for one will be logging on to the home page from now on so I don't miss anything.
2. There has also been a New Post link added to the Menu Bar at the bottom of the Forums Page. After you make a post to a thread you are taken to your post by the software. Some threads are long and you have to scan all the way to the top of the page to select the New Post link. Now you can go to the bottom menu and click New Post.
3. The Forum Fly Shop is now ReelFlyRod.com. Todd is the owner and is very knowledgeable about fly fishing and especially on the equipment he sells. You can get free shipping on most US purchases. There is free shipping to overseas locations on purchases over $295. ReelFlyRod offers some good outfits that are well suited to a beginner. He has some really good prices on Redington 2 piece rods. Check out the site and give Todd a call at (937) 434-8472. Every purchase helps to support NAFFF.
4. You are seeing Ads from Orvis and other companies. If you want to make that purchase make sure you click on the Ad for a link to their site. The vendor will know you are from NAFFF. In fact, you should access these sites from NAFFF anytime you visit one of these vendors.
5. Up at the right hand corner of the Forum Page there is now a link to subscribe to a Email News Letter. Give it a try and see if you like it. You have to give your Email address but it is not sold or given to other businesses. You can opt out if you don't like it. The sign up box may not be there every time you visit the Forum page.
6. Fish&Fly/NAFFF is looking for stories about fly fishing. You don't have to be a great writer but they are looking for all kinds of fly fishing stories. Trips make a good story subject. Take a look at this great story from BigCliff.
I think that is most of what is new for now. How about some feed back on what you think about the site. We are always looking for suggestions. Don't forget to visit the Home Page. It will continually have new information and you can access all of the New Post from the Home Page.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:15 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
2005-2015 The North American Fly Fishing Forum. All rights reserved.