03-11-2011, 11:14 AM
Updating Personal Classifieds
We now have a method to update our Personal Classifieds so we can tell the status with out opening the thread. This will save us from going through the list of threads to find out what is still for sale. I have updated the Posting Guidelines that tells you how to change your thread title to [Sold]Title or [Withdrawn]Title. This will require everyone who puts up a post to go back and edit their post when the status changes. Take a look and see what you think.
Also you will see in the Classified Forums that we now show a picture next to the title of any thread that has a picture in the content. I urge everyone who post something for sale to include pictures of their items. It will greatly increase the possibility of making a sale. I can help anyone who has a problem posting pictures.
Please follow these guidelines when you post any items for sale.
1. No one can post to the Personal Classifieds until they have a minimum of Twenty (20) post.
2. No more than five (5) items can be posted at one time.
3. It is the responsibility of the thread originator to keep their list updated. All sold items must be deleted or marked as SOLD.
4. If an item is sold and removed from the thread you may add a new item to meet your five item limit. Multiple threads with five items will not be allowed with out approval of the Forum Manager.
5. The parties associated with a sale are solely responsible for that sale. NAFFF has no responsibility as to the condition or delivery of any items listed and sold on NAFFF.
6. This is a free service provide for the sole purpose of helping our members sell unwanted items.
7. No business or business related threads will be allowed.
8. After your thread items are sold or you decide to not sell the item, you can update the Prefix of the thread. This will place a Sold or Withdrawn Prefix to the Title of the thread. That is, you can change your title from Stuff for Sale to [Sold]Stuff for Sale. Or, Stuff for Sale to [Withdrawn]Stuff for Sale. Now when someone looks at the list of Threads they can tell what threads are still active. This will only work if all members will keep their individual threads up to date.
Procedure for changing the Prefix of your For Sale Thread.
1. Click on your thread to open it.
2. Click on "Edit" at the bottom right of the thread window. This will open the Thread Editor.
3. Click on "Go Advanced" at the bottom right of the Edit window.
4. Scan down to the Edit Post window and select "Sold" or "Withdrawn" in the "No Prefix" entry part of the Title.
5. Click "Save Changes" and your thread will now appear in the thread list with Sold or Withdrawn in the title.