The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > News and Announcements > Forum news and announcements

Like Tree42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 05:48 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Congratulations! and welcome to our 1 millionth forum visitor in 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
To pop this back to the top, the 'Mother Boards' numbers were published and they had 3.1 MILLION visitors in 2012. Not bad, not bad at all but we may be growing at a faster rate.

"Fly Fishing tops 3 million visits in 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb View Post
Hi Fred

Yes, the excellent sister US/Canada fly fishing site to this one received 1,071,651 visits in 2012 - growing at over 45% year on year!

Colin
Given the relative newness of the Forum, and the number of others vieing for attention those are excellent statistics."
Fred: It is pretty impressive for sure, due largely to the great people we have on this site contributing daily.

By the way, what are you doing up at this hour?

I'm sitting here drinking a cup of coffee getting ready to head out to the gym.

Larry

Old 01-10-2013, 06:00 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Congratulations! and welcome to our 1 millionth forum visitor in 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Fred: It is pretty impressive for sure, due largely to the great people we have on this site contributing daily.

By the way, what are you doing up at this hour?

I'm sitting here drinking a cup of coffee getting ready to head out to the gym.

Larry
I ask myself that very question daily. My usual 'up time' is about 0230 PST. If you follow 'International Finance' you (or rather I) have to take into account the 8-9 hour time difference between Western Europe and the UK.

Fred
Old 01-10-2013, 07:52 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I ask myself that very question daily. My usual 'up time' is about 0230 PST. If you follow 'International Finance' you (or rather I) have to take into account the 8-9 hour time difference between Western Europe and the UK.

Fred
Yikees! Now that is an early get up, about the only time i'm up at that hour is when I have trouble sleeping.

Larry

Old 01-10-2013, 09:27 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Yikees! Now that is an early get up, about the only time i'm up at that hour is when I have trouble sleeping.

Larry
Suspect it started in the late 50's when I worked (lets call it that) on Foss Tugs during the Summer school break. Back story to that was a neighbor was a Captain and his normal run was Puget Sound to as far north as Pt. Barrow (think that last part is right). Anyway, you're 15 (they lied about my age) and I was on the books as a 'Deck Hand.' Real life I was the Cook's Asst. Bridge Crew wanted fresh coffee/sandwich at Zero Dark Thirty it was my butt that got kicked out of a rack.

Soon learned to hit the deck running. Actually I'd have most of it set up before I went face down into a pillow .... I knew what was coming. Later in the CG watch assignments made People groan, 'The Fu$King Dog Watch again??!!' We'd swap and while they were chipping paint I was sound asleep.

Other thing was (then anyway, no idea now) I had exceptionally good 'Night Vision' and an instinct to see 'moving things.' Watch Officer's liked me in the Pilot House. Had a knack for memorizing land masses and spotting moving a light(s) across the 'ink.' I could pick up running lights 5'ish miles away, further if the damned things were appropriately sized (not often). As an example of that, all 'ships' have running light requirements (just running, another for towing, etc., etc.) But even today look at the tiny size they put on 'boats.'

Many of these things aren't much bigger than a silver dollar; HOW STUPID IS THAT?!
Old 07-09-2013, 12:54 PM

Thumbs up Re: Congratulations! and welcome to our 1 millionth forum visitor in 2012

Place just keeps getting bigger:

Threads: 173,439, Posts: 413,129, Members: 46,832
Old 07-11-2013, 05:02 AM
Administrator

cb is just really nicecb is just really nicecb is just really nicecb is just really nice

Quote:
Place just keeps getting bigger:

Threads: 173,439, Posts: 413,129, Members: 46,832
It sure does Fred ! Well on for 1.5 million visits in 2013 :-)

Great forum. Well done moderators!

Cheers

Colin
milt spawn likes this.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:06 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hello Colin & Everyone else too!

We hit this early this year and I expected as much Already stated are the reasons we continue to grow here and I'm looking forward to the future of this site.

As for all of our posters / contributors, it is you who have made this a great forum!

Ard
milt spawn likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 07-11-2013, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb View Post
It sure does Fred ! Well on for 1.5 million visits in 2013 :-)

Great forum. Well done moderators!

Cheers

Colin
Indeed Colin.

UK 'Mother Board' is also doing quite well; but they have a run on us as to when same was set up (think that's right):

Threads: 208,600, Posts: 1,495,264, Members: 51,744

Several of the threads have hundreds of posts and thousands of views. (Lancy Boys being one.)