The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > News and Announcements > Forum news and announcements

Like Tree42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 03:37 AM
Administrator

cb has a spectacular aura aboutcb has a spectacular aura about
Default Congratulations! and welcome to our 1 millionth forum visitor in 2012

Today this forum will welcome its 1 millionth visitor in 2012. And with over 2,600 new members signing up in 2012 this has been a record year for the forum.

Here at Fish&Fly ‘HQ’ we are not surprised though:– we run several forums and this is the nicest we've ever come across – with excellent, informative and entertaining chat all conducted in a very friendly and respectful atmosphere.

Click the image to open in full size.

Congratulations to all !

Colin.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:51 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Congratulations! and welcome to our 1 millionth forum visitor in 2012

Thank You Colin,

I guessed we would hit that mark based on the average daily stats but now with your post I know it's official. Many of the membership here have commented to me either on the forum or privately that they have used many fishing web sites and that they find this to be the best of the bunch.

It's a pleasure to be part of this,

Ard
jpbfly, Editor, fredaevans and 5 others like this.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:51 AM
Editor

Editor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Congratulations! and welcome to our 1 millionth forum visitor in 2012

Well done everyone and thanks for your support.

I'd like to echo what Colin said about the quality of our members and of the discussions that take place, but would also like to add our thanks to the local team and in particular Frank, Ard and Larry who continue to make this site what it is.

Onwards to the next million!
fredaevans, jaybo41 and shotgunfly like this.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:22 AM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

A Milestone,it shows how good The Site really is,I'm glad with many others to be part of it.
Brian
Old 12-10-2012, 05:29 AM

stuie675 will become famous soon enoughstuie675 will become famous soon enough

Does that mean we all get a new reel or rod of choice????
Old 12-10-2012, 05:32 AM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

stuie 675,of course you can have anything if you pay for it.
Brian.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:58 AM

stuie675 will become famous soon enoughstuie675 will become famous soon enough

haha yay!!!!

Definitely recommend the Fly Pig rods, just got one and simply AMAZING.
Guest1 and il_wi_fishing like this.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:20 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Thank You Colin,

I guessed we would hit that mark based on the average daily stats but now with your post I know it's official. Many of the membership here have commented to me either on the forum or privately that they have used many fishing web sites and that they find this to be the best of the bunch.

It's a pleasure to be part of this,

Ard
As Ard stated, it is a pleasure to play a small part of all this! I really enjoy the membership we have on this forum the the quality of the discussions and lack of hostility that you see on other forums. Thanks to all that have made this such a great place to hang out and discuss fly fishing and whatever else is on your mind!

Larry
Guest1, jpbfly, fredaevans and 2 others like this.

Larry
Old 12-10-2012, 10:50 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
I really enjoy the membership we have on this forum the the quality of the discussions and lack of hostility that you see on other forums. Thanks to all that have made this such a great place to hang out and discuss fly fishing and whatever else is on your mind!

Larry
Well said. I have in the past used one other forum. They had a completely different attitude. Some of it outright hostile. They also have a fraction of the members. Everytime I have seen trouble start here in the same fashion as the other now personally boycotted site, it came to a swift end here. I used to, despite my boycott, check the other site once in a while because there were a couple of amazing fly tyers on it but they seem to have driven them away so I have no reason to even check now. The funniest part is that they had been gone for months and I was not aware of it. Shows how often I checked. Another member here told me about it.

I also like that it not just us from North America. It has been gaining members from all over the planet. In the last week we have had one from Turkey and one from Italy. Some of my favorite members are not from North America. Like JP. Now if I could just get him to grow a mustache.

Congratulations to everyone who helped the site become what it is today. Best forum on the web.
mojo, jpbfly, fredaevans and 1 others like this.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

It's a great pleasure and privilege to be a member of this forumAs Dan stated there are more and more members from all over the world.I went in quite by chance some years ago and I'm still hereThanks again for adopting me.
Dan...will try to grow a mustache when I retire...just to check if I catch bigger fish
Guest1 likes this.