The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > News and Announcements > Forum news and announcements

Like Tree14Likes
  • 11 Post By Editor
  • 2 Post By Editor
  • 1 Post By Kerry Pitt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 09:42 AM
Editor

Editor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the rough
Default Brand new monthly competition launch

We are very pleased to report that thanks to the brilliant sponsorship of Justin and the team at forum favourite Allen FlyFishing, we will be beginning a brand new monthly sponsored caption competition starting tomorrow!

The Famous Fly Fisher Caption Competition will give you the chance to enter your best and wittiest captions to match the celebrity fly fishing photograph that we will post up each month. You can enter as many times as you like but will of course need to be signed up to the forum (which is FREE) to be able to enter. Join Now!

We will then judge the entries after the end of each month and the winner will pick up a brand new and extremely popular Allen FlyFishing Trout II #2 reel in their Gunmetal gray color - stunning!

Click the image to open in full size.

We'll even ask the winners to report back on their first use of their prize with some pictures if they can!

Watch out for the new Competition Forum launching tomorrow and make sure you have a go - we are looking forward to having a laugh at your entries. We just ask you keep them within the bounds of the usual T&Cs of the forum.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:19 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brand new monthly competition launch

Paul: What a great idea, I can't wait to see the captions submitted by this crew, we have some pretty witty folks hanging out.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:30 AM
Editor

Editor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the roughEditor is a jewel in the rough

I've been meaning to try and get something going here for a while Larry as the UK competitions have been very popular. I'm really pleased Allen FlyFishing have come on board as the sponsor.
mcnerney and fredaevans like this.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:32 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Paul: Justin has really stepped up to the plate and supported the forum in a big way, I'm really glad to see him getting involved with this competition.

Old 01-31-2013, 11:08 AM

brookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to behold

Wow! Awesome example of stepping up from AFF!
Old 01-31-2013, 10:12 PM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of

A great idea and thank you to those who are arranging it. I am planning on buying an Allen reel this year, possibly two so it is nice to see them being pro-active here.
Editor likes this.
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:50 PM

newby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of lightnewby is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Paul: What a great idea, I can't wait to see the captions submitted by this crew, we have some pretty witty folks hanging out.
What you talkin about willis? I've never seen a witty comment from anyone on this forum .
Old 03-01-2013, 10:15 AM

brucerducer will become famous soon enoughbrucerducer will become famous soon enough

I'm a month late to learn of this competition.

Why wasn't I notified?

Just cause I been away for a few weeks.....(((Grrrrrr!)))

Okay, I am publishing my list of demands:
Old 03-01-2013, 12:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucerducer View Post

I'm a month late to learn of this competition.

Why wasn't I notified?

Just cause I been away for a few weeks.....(((Grrrrrr!)))

Okay, I am publishing my list of demands:
Bruce: The March competition started today! Here is the thread:
March Famous Fly Fisher Competition sponsored by Allen Flyfishing