The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > News and Announcements > Forum news and announcements

Like Tree33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2013, 02:50 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's Your Profile Like?

I didn't make my self too clear on my first point (log in name). Use what you wish, but the User CP has a signature line, just plug in you first name at the least.

As to my last point, DD goes right to the issue. The answer to a given question can be very locationally specific. Given the general location (type/size of the water likely to be fished) an answer of a 7wt 10 foot rod may be totally inappropriate for someone whose fishing small streams.

Conversely, chasing Steelhead with a 7' 4wt would not be a good call in the PNW. Could you use either, in either place? Yup, but it would be less than optimal.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:56 PM

oarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to alloarfish is a name known to all

I use my login name because it has some tribal meaning for me. I would also like to see a full member profile but will admit that a first I had not completed mine until I wanted to become part of the forum, a member with some validity. I look at empty profiles and see a poster, view a full profile and I see a member in this extended fly-fishing family or club if you wish. I believe being a member here has drawn me closer to many members that I could show up in there driveways and be welcomed.

Rick
Old 04-28-2013, 02:40 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: What's Your Profile Like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oarfish View Post
I use my login name because it has some tribal meaning for me. I would also like to see a full member profile but will admit that a first I had not completed mine until I wanted to become part of the forum, a member with some validity. I look at empty profiles and see a poster, view a full profile and I see a member in this extended fly-fishing family or club if you wish. I believe being a member here has drawn me closer to many members that I could show up in there driveways and be welcomed.

Rick
Ditto!! Well stated!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 04-28-2013, 05:35 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

I have a two part riddle in my profile and just a few have responded to it, and only theboz has answered both creckly. milt
caseywise likes this.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:16 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by milt spawn View Post
I have a two part riddle in my profile and just a few have responded to it, and only theboz has answered both creckly. milt
Its a classic! Things like that give you a little insight into who your dealing with! Haha great fishing riddle!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 04-28-2013, 06:34 PM

pa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
My personal 'ditch ' (apparently the word 'bit ch' is a no-no) is people who don't use a real name as long in's. Second is where they're located.
Cool! I've covered both bases (to some degree) right in my username!

Ard, I'm going to update mine right now.
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:10 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I knew this would happen but I figured I would not get to see it.

This is the counter that records visitors on the profile page; [This page has had 11,111 visits]

Pretty cool, all ones or eleven's depending on how you look at it.

If I could know who tripped the 11,100 and eleventh visit I would send a prize.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 05-08-2013, 06:50 PM

random user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by oarfish View Post

Rick
This makes me think about what I have included and haven't included in my profile. I know why I am vague about most stuff. this thread has me thinking though. A site of this nature is only a good as the active member's validity and the validity of their contributions.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:28 PM

trout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to behold

O.K. Ard,

I decided to play along. Wrote up a bio and posted it. I guess I've gotten to old, because it only would accept half of it.

Nip and tuck, TT
fredaevans likes this.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:41 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by trout trekker View Post
O.K. Ard,

I decided to play along. Wrote up a bio and posted it. I guess I've gotten to old, because it only would accept half of it.

Nip and tuck, TT
I can relate.

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by random user View Post
This makes me think about what I have included and haven't included in my profile. I know why I am vague about most stuff. this thread has me thinking though. A site of this nature is only a good as the active member's validity and the validity of their contributions.
Much truth to the above. In many ways this Fora is like a British 'Pub.' We talk, we exchange experiences, observations that 'might work for you' - or not.

But the bio info gives me a perspective as does the location info. A question asked, knowing the posters location has kept my fingers off the key board on many occasions. Nothing I could add that would contribute a wit's worth.