The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > News and Announcements > Forum news and announcements

Like Tree33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2013, 01:47 PM

trout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What's Your Profile Like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
I can relate.

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

Much truth to the above. In many ways this Fora is like a British 'Pub.' We talk, we exchange experiences, observations that 'might work for you' - or not.

But the bio info gives me a perspective as does the location info. A question asked, knowing the posters location has kept my fingers off the key board on many occasions. Nothing I could add that would contribute a wit's worth.
Hey Fred,

Turns out " It’s not the year, it’s the mileage."

I looked at Ard’s and his whole bio is up and he’s no spring chicken…..

TT
Old 05-09-2013, 07:30 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by trout trekker View Post
O.K. Ard,

I decided to play along. Wrote up a bio and posted it. I guess I've gotten to old, because it only would accept half of it.

Nip and tuck, TT
Hey TT, I could not find it. milt.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:15 AM

trout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by milt spawn View Post
Hey TT, I could not find it. milt.
Hi Milt,

There must be a maximum word count for bio text. It stopped mid-sentence about half way into the bio. So I took down the half that was accepted. It’s kind of like inviting people over for dinner and then bringing out a half eaten cake for dessert.
Not all that appealing….and it doesn't exactly say.

No bigee, I'll whittle it down when time allows.
TT
milt spawn likes this.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:42 PM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of

Thanks for the reminder Ard. I did a biography and updated my location.
fredaevans and yonder like this.
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:19 PM

silvertip8k has a spectacular aura aboutsilvertip8k has a spectacular aura about

OK...after passing this by a bit...out of respect for the excellent moderation going on here I will make a few brief remarks...

thanks for the moderation...many other forums are lax in this...and I appreciate the fact that you and Larry take your jobs seriously...of course I guess that goes with the huge salaries...LOL...

this forum for sure has its own personality...there is for some reason a time delay with responses...not a software or server issue...more like viewers here take there time a bit more...which is quite fine.

one thing I really like is that folks here are friendly...and the folks that are a bit rough are asked to leave...

I'm probably very similar to many here...just trying to find a friendly place to exchange ideas and stories..

5th gen Coloradan...been fly fishing since early '70s ...fished in Colorado,Wyoming,SD out west and New York, Pa,MD,Va,Wv & NC in the east...first rod a Wright McGill...I tie quite a bit and make custom bamboo fly rods and nets...

pretty simple...thanks again for watching over all this...ted...

and yes I do like the remark that there is a spectacular aura about me....LOL... at least thats what those two little green blocks up in the corner say??...
Kerry Pitt and yonder like this.

ted...trout bum/wandering monk
public water 20"er
public land pope & young

Breac ŕ linne, slat ŕ coille is fiadh ŕ fěreach - mčirle ŕs nach do ghabh gŕidheal riamh nŕire.
a fish from the river, a rod from the woods and a stag from the mountain , thefts ne'er a Gael was ashamed
...and old gaelic proverb...

my blog & website
http://wmflyrodco.com/

Last edited by silvertip8k; 06-29-2013 at 05:59 PM.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:59 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Great thread. I've always been a strong proponent that you use your real name/location on these types of boards. I get to talk to you/you get to talk to me as a real person, perhaps no face unless you post up a fishing photo, but never the less a real person living in a real place.

I've made this same observation on two other major Internet boards and Dear God am I getting a pound of shxt delivered back.

Lost my 'cool' several days back when 'person' was asking for financial advise. PM'ed back "I have no idea in the world who you are, so why should I tell you how to make money?"

To my surprise, and delight I think, photos of wife, kiddlies, dog and places he fishes in the UK. Need more info to work out a financial plan. To put this in perspective, put aside 5 - 10 percent of your take home pay (yes, you may have to skip trips to the Pub) but when you most need same, it will be there.

Don't worry about the value going up/down .. stock/bonds are still tossing off cash. But I ramble again, but just a personal observation, I'm damned good at this and never charge a penny.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:13 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Quote:
Originally Posted by trout trekker View Post
Hey Fred,

Turns out " It’s not the year, it’s the mileage."

I looked at Ard’s and his whole bio is up and he’s no spring chicken…..

TT
Mileage is definitely a factor buddy. I just came home from a week of exploring and working at the cabin when I wasn't river running, it took a full 24 to recover. The only reason I would wish to be 35 again would be that I had a lot more juice then and healed up quicker after getting banged about.

I actually filled out the 'About Me' part of the profile when I joined. I took the user name because I didn't understand that this would be such a long term thing for me. I thought that if you used your real name it would bring all sorts of problems privacy wise. Some day I'll change my screen to my real name I guess.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 06-30-2013, 03:55 PM

yonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the rough

I whole heartedly agree.......it's about the mileage.....I have a major university in my area, so that puts alot of rookies on the stream.....I always take time to share the wisdom of a "greybeard", and I hope my efforts pay it forward in to "our" future as trout enthusiasts........at my age, it's not about the fish counts anymore.....it's about the future........tight lines.....

Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton
Old 07-01-2013, 01:47 PM

nick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nice

I just noticed this thread and it inspired me to write a more detailed bio for my own profile.
Old 07-01-2013, 03:23 PM

lotech_joe has a spectacular aura aboutlotech_joe has a spectacular aura about

I just updated my profile, and added some biography.