The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > News and Announcements > Forum news and announcements

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2013, 02:35 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: We Finally Reached 50,000 Members!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imxer View Post
Ard,

It appears from reading threads, posts etc that many of the new members
are young, the future of the Forum and Fly fishing. A good thing.

Any number of how many "old" members are inactive?

Paul
Hi Paul,

Since there is about 5" of snow outside right now I will take tome to see who we still have active. No doubt that the senior 'senior members' are falling into the minority but thanks to guys like you we get the voice of wisdom almost every day. With the arrival of the snow I feel sort of down today, I went fishing yesterday but the creek was high. That should not affect my being able to catch some fish where I was at but by the looks of things they have moved out. I don't know if they all go to the lake or maybe some drop to the tide water but the water had nothing but some very dead silver salmon who had finished their duty.

The stream bed is filled with excavated gravel from the many sockeye & silvers who came in this year. But now the snow is here and winter really begins. I'll take a look at the stats.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 11-11-2013, 03:27 PM

runningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of light

I wasn't sure to join in early this year or so, but now I am glad that I did.
I learned so much and quicker by starting my own threads and asking questions instead of browsing older threads looking for my topics.
I also learned very quickly that the contents in this forum aren't healthy for the wallet.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:44 PM

imxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Hi Paul,

Since there is about 5" of snow outside right now I will take tome to see who we still have active. No doubt that the senior 'senior members' are falling into the minority but thanks to guys like you we get the voice of wisdom almost every day. With the arrival of the snow I feel sort of down today, I went fishing yesterday but the creek was high. That should not affect my being able to catch some fish where I was at but by the looks of things they have moved out. I don't know if they all go to the lake or maybe some drop to the tide water but the water had nothing but some very dead silver salmon who had finished their duty.

The stream bed is filled with excavated gravel from the many sockeye & silvers who came in this year. But now the snow is here and winter really begins. I'll take a look at the stats.
------------------------------
Hi Ard,

And thanks for your reply. The Forum is "Tonic" for old buzzards like me, helps us keep memories of our fishing days alive.
Hope you have a good Winter up there this year.
Paul

Nature, Cheaper than Therapy

LIVE TODAY

Last edited by imxer; 11-14-2013 at 10:51 AM.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:13 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Summer was great up until the end of August then the rains got serious. June & July were as good as it gets here Paul. I keep talking about some new blog stuff and by weeks end I'll get some pictures and information about the Kings on the pages here.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 11-12-2013, 11:38 AM

imxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Summer was great up until the end of August then the rains got serious. June & July were as good as it gets here Paul. I keep talking about some new blog stuff and by weeks end I'll get some pictures and information about the Kings on the pages here.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul

Nature, Cheaper than Therapy

LIVE TODAY

Last edited by imxer; 11-14-2013 at 06:32 PM.