The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > News and Announcements > Forum news and announcements

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2014, 01:49 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default We Are Expanding Our 2 Hand / Spey Forums;

If you were to visit the 'Forums' page and scroll down you will find a number of new sub forums being added for discussion of fishing with 2 hand fly rods. I am not an expert caster but do have some personal experiences which I will gladly throw into the mix when they seem appropriate.

Whether you are new to the long rods or a long time user, your input will be helpful.

Ard
Old 01-10-2014, 03:08 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: We Are Expanding Our 2 Hand / Spey Forums;

That's great Ard! I gave the sub forum a quick look and really like how the topics are broken out. Hopefully this will make some of the topics of conversation easier to navigate for the membership.
Old 01-10-2014, 04:12 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We Are Expanding Our 2 Hand / Spey Forums;

That's the idea Jason and there will be some more changes over the next few days. I would like to take it the way of social groups but with more features and open access of course.

I would love to see some of your Intruders & tubes start showing up in the Fly Tying sub forum I may even be moved to do a step by step of the Sculpin patterns to get things off the ground.
jaybo41 and glacierjohn like this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 01-10-2014, 04:56 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

I like the idea and will look for the coming changes, they sound interesting! I'll have to post up some of the photos I have taken. I've been meaning to do a SBS for a tube fly, as well. Now if I can find time to sit down and tie some flies I'll be in good shape.
Old 01-10-2014, 05:40 PM

cab has a spectacular aura aboutcab has a spectacular aura aboutcab has a spectacular aura about

The more I read about Spey rods, the more interested I get.......

CAB
fyshstykr and jaybo41 like this.
Old 01-10-2014, 05:45 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cab View Post
The more I read about Spey rods, the more interested I get.......

CAB
Cab, Cab, Cab .... you have no idea how much money you're about to spend.
fyshstykr, jaybo41 and wannafish like this.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:35 PM
Administrator

Don't let Fred spook you off, we can get you fishing a decent rig under 375.00. That's rod - line - and reel, if you're patient
jaybo41 likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 01-10-2014, 08:52 PM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute

Would this be for switch rodders as well? I know very little about spey and switch but I have an 11' blank hidden in some dark corner of my mess. I intend to build it buy spring.

sent from my tablet...so please excuse the typos, spell check is an amazing thing!
Old 01-10-2014, 11:18 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Don't let Fred spook you off, we can get you fishing a decent rig under 375.00. That's rod - line - and reel, if you're patient
Well I wouldn't go for the $375.00 save for 'used' equipment. Which 98% of the time is just fine for what we're up to ... fishing, not casting for Glory.

But top end of the 'line' stuff Ard would/might have to agree with my numbers?
Old 01-11-2014, 12:09 AM

runningfish is a name known to allrunningfish is a name known to allrunningfish is a name known to allrunningfish is a name known to allrunningfish is a name known to allrunningfish is a name known to all

What a grand idea, I noticed the forum is starting to have more topics about the spey/switch. I am going to be a regular there for sure.
fredaevans likes this.