The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > News and Announcements > Forum news and announcements

Like Tree60Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2017, 07:00 PM

dakotakid is a splendid one to beholddakotakid is a splendid one to beholddakotakid is a splendid one to beholddakotakid is a splendid one to beholddakotakid is a splendid one to beholddakotakid is a splendid one to beholddakotakid is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Photobucket starts to charge!

They finally sent me the following e-mail message, so I guess it's time to figure out an alternative site.

WE NOTICED THAT YOU HAVE BEEN USING
PHOTOBUCKET FOR 3RD PARTY HOSTING*

Thanks to everyone for the leg-work you've done on other options.
Ard and mcnerney like this.
Old 07-14-2017, 08:40 PM

corn fed fins has much to be proud ofcorn fed fins has much to be proud ofcorn fed fins has much to be proud ofcorn fed fins has much to be proud ofcorn fed fins has much to be proud ofcorn fed fins has much to be proud ofcorn fed fins has much to be proud ofcorn fed fins has much to be proud of

Click the image to open in full size.

Now in order to share this without creating a direct link to my "brand spanking new" Flickr page I must delete everything before and after the [img]s from the BBCode that I copied and pasted. I did not use the little photo icon in the forum's post command area, just pasted directly into the post. Is there an easier way to share without having to do the "delete" portion of the process and not create a hyperlink to my Flickr page? Is there another photo designation other than the BBCode I'm using?

I don't want to see myself or a friend as a meme so come on all you computer techs......I know you'll have an answer! LOL
Old 07-16-2017, 08:19 PM

stenacron has a reputation beyond reputestenacron has a reputation beyond reputestenacron has a reputation beyond reputestenacron has a reputation beyond reputestenacron has a reputation beyond reputestenacron has a reputation beyond reputestenacron has a reputation beyond reputestenacron has a reputation beyond reputestenacron has a reputation beyond reputestenacron has a reputation beyond reputestenacron has a reputation beyond repute

Two failed attempts to join imgur so far today. Same message both times "Imgur is running over capacity at the moment. Check back later"

They're probably under siege from folks fleeing Photobucket.

"We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring
Old 07-16-2017, 09:24 PM

kentuckysteve has a brilliant futurekentuckysteve has a brilliant futurekentuckysteve has a brilliant futurekentuckysteve has a brilliant futurekentuckysteve has a brilliant futurekentuckysteve has a brilliant futurekentuckysteve has a brilliant futurekentuckysteve has a brilliant futurekentuckysteve has a brilliant futurekentuckysteve has a brilliant futurekentuckysteve has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by corn fed fins View Post

Now in order to share this without creating a direct link to my "brand spanking new" Flickr page I must delete everything before and after the [img]s from the BBCode that I copied and pasted. I did not use the little photo icon in the forum's post command area, just pasted directly into the post. Is there an easier way to share without having to do the "delete" portion of the process and not create a hyperlink to my Flickr page? Is there another photo designation other than the BBCode I'm using?

I don't want to see myself or a friend as a meme so come on all you computer techs......I know you'll have an answer! LOL
Left click on the downward arrow(Download this photo) at the bottom right of your photo on flickr.
This should display several photo sizes.
Right click on the size you want to display.
Click on Copy Link Address.
Post this into the little photo icon(yellow box) at the top.
This should give you the same link you are posting without all the extra you are deleting and no hyperlink.
Old 07-17-2017, 04:44 AM

Lewis Chessman has a spectacular aura aboutLewis Chessman has a spectacular aura aboutLewis Chessman has a spectacular aura about

Excellent, kentuckysteve, that's very easy, thanks. I've had a Flickr site for years but never knew I could link from it.

Pharewell Photobucket! You've cut your own phroat!
Old 07-17-2017, 10:39 PM

corn fed fins has much to be proud ofcorn fed fins has much to be proud ofcorn fed fins has much to be proud ofcorn fed fins has much to be proud ofcorn fed fins has much to be proud ofcorn fed fins has much to be proud ofcorn fed fins has much to be proud ofcorn fed fins has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckysteve View Post
Left click on the downward arrow(Download this photo) at the bottom right of your photo on flickr.
This should display several photo sizes.
Right click on the size you want to display.
Click on Copy Link Address.
Post this into the little photo icon(yellow box) at the top.
This should give you the same link you are posting without all the extra you are deleting and no hyperlink.
Thanks for the reply!
Now to see if it works.

All right-all RIGHT-ALL RIGHT! Now I'm cooking with oil.
Thank you kentuckysteve!
kentuckysteve likes this.