Daily Fly Fishing News

Should we keep the Daily Fly Fishing News?

• Keep it, I read every one and want it to stay

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I don't care if it stays or goes

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Loose it, I never read them

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Stop posting the threads but give me a link to the News

• Stop posting the threads but keep them on NAFFF where I can read them

• Total voters

Frank Whiton

Most Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I want to know if the Daily Fly Fishing News is popular on the forum? There are very few members looking at the Daily Fly Fishing News threads. This poll is to get a feel for what the members think about dropping the News. Sometime in the near future the site is going to be moved to a new server. The new owners will be taking a look at the format and I want to be sure the members have some say in what happens with the forum. The Daily News may have out lived its usefulness. What do you think? This a multiple choice Poll.

Frank

jpbfly

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Frank, I don't know what to choose,I once tried to post a thread but it didn't appear on the forum portal or maybe there's something I didn't understood:icon_conf. I think most news are posted in the general FF discussion so...maybe it's not really essential.:rolleyes:

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Frank: I didn't know it existed, I remember Steve would post daily fly fishing articles in the general discussion area.

Larry

Jimmie

Reaction score
That type news is usually shared when a member requests info about a time or place. That seems more interesting, IMO, anyway.
One item that I would like to see changed is when a new reply is made to a thread it automatically is moved back to the top of the current thread list page. That way threads that are generating interest and dialog stay at the forefront. Those that don't slowly slip off the list. I've witnessed this work very well for years.

ezamora

Reaction score
i didn't even know it existed. seems to be inefficiently run. there are multiple posts of the same thread/link. i would not miss it at all if you lost it (lose rather than loosen it i'd say lol).

the feature seems to be just a smattering of links to other articles, or at least the half a dozen i just skimmed. i get similar info from another site, midcurrent. i like their setup. you subscribe to receive daily an email compiling the subjects with links to each article. i won't give up midcurrent but if you're considering a new plan, consider something like midcurrent's.

eric
fresno, ca.

Edd

Reaction score
It agree with ezamora, it is mostly links to other sites so i dont use it.
Ed

BigCliff

Reaction score
i get similar info from another site, midcurrent. i like their setup. you subscribe to receive daily an email compiling the subjects with links to each article. i won't give up midcurrent but if you're considering a new plan, consider something like midcurrent's.

eric
fresno, ca.
I wholeheartedly agree. I think Midcurrents news updates are ideal, some on industry updates, some links to newspapers and magazines, and some other assorted news items.

ezamora

Reaction score
to clarify, i don't have anything against something with links (what i meant to point out was the redundancy i found). that typpe of feature is offered many places in all industries,not just fly (i'm forgetting the correct terminology for these collection of links) but there are SO many fly fishing forums out there, and a lot of sources of cross news content offerings including blogs, i think if someone like NAFFF/Fish&Fly were to offer something, they need to polish it a bit. find some really creative thinkers on staff, brainstorm and offer something that can't be found anywhere else. somehow differentiate yourself from the masses. and don't bury it at the bottom off to the side if it's important to you to offer this. and publicize it somehow.

or not.

eric
fresno, ca.

Rip Tide

Reaction score
How 'bout cutting back on some of the regional pages
For Mexico and the Caribbean there's 8 different forums with a total of less than 100 topics ....ever!
Would it be so terrible to have one Mexico page... one Caribbean ?...or even combine the two ?
There's 5 forums for all of Canada.... The USA forums (11) could be cut back to something similar..there's more similarities than differences IMO and we all could benefit from reading less segregated pages
I don't know about y'all but my old computers don't load up all that fast.
Less would be more for me

yatahey

Reaction score
I don't go there often but once in a while I see an article that interests me. And if the News wasn't there I wouldn't know about the article.