The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Forum Polls

Forum Polls Find out what forum members think about various fly fishing topics.

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2009, 03:48 PM

Bigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud ofBigfly has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Bigfly
Default what's better, Size or numbers?

Is it better to fish all day and catch one thats really big, or get a tired arm catching lil fellers?

Bigfly
Old 10-26-2009, 03:58 PM

sandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: what's better, Size or numbers?

just being out and about in nature, who cares how many or how big, just enjoy life..
N.J.B.B.A. #2215

I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing Gillie..
Old 10-26-2009, 06:41 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future

Every fish is a blessing. If the day holds many small or a few big it's a good day. If the day holds good company or fine views it too is a good day.
I guess that's why I wasn't made for golf. I wouldn't let a bad game or poor shot ruin the day!
Really though... it's all good even the days you just have to laugh about because it sucked so much!
Old 10-26-2009, 08:56 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Big,

Everyone who fishes likes to catch fish. Most fly-fishermen hold a deep fascination with big fish. Generally when I leave to fish for the day I have no way to know what or if any fish I may catch. I just like being out on the rivers or creeks, knowing that I have done what I trained myself to do thoroughly is the best I can hope for as far as the fishing goes. I have always said; (and you can quote me on this) They call it fishing not catching.

With that in mind I'll head to the Kenai tomorrow,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-26-2009, 09:36 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Big,

Everyone who fishes likes to catch fish. Most fly-fishermen hold a deep fascination with big fish. Generally when I leave to fish for the day I have no way to know what or if any fish I may catch. I just like being out on the rivers or creeks, knowing that I have done what I trained myself to do thoroughly is the best I can hope for as far as the fishing goes. I have always said; (and you can quote me on this) They call it fishing not catching.

With that in mind I'll head to the Kenai tomorrow,

Ard
Ard: Well said, that is exactly my thoughts when I go fishing. Sure I like to catch big fish, but if I don't hook into anything it doesn't take away from the experience of being on the water.

Larry
Old 10-27-2009, 12:29 AM

rickf is a jewel in the roughrickf is a jewel in the roughrickf is a jewel in the rough

Small fish for this guy!
I release everything anyway, so the more fish I catch, the more fun I have.
Everything is relative so I downsize my tackle and have just as much fun with little fish as many have with big ones.
I catch a lot of beautiful sunfish in a local clean lake with my 1 weight. Many troll all day with hopes of catching a big bass..... but they usually don't catch anything! LOL Some drift live minnows under a bobber, while others bounce live worms on the bottom. Nobody catches anything........ they all complain about the lack of fish!!
I usually catch near 100 gills with my 1 weight. I have a ball!!
I love to tie my own flies and only fish with the ones I make.
Some have said to me "you better hope that you don't get a big carp with that tiny rod because you'll never land him"
It's the fun that I'm after, not the fish for food.
It doesn't get any better than that.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:44 AM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

I go in phases throughout the year. Sometimes I want to catch a lot of fish regardless of size. Sometimes I just want to catch one big fish.

What's better? It really depends on which fix that I need. If I want the best of both worlds, I'll go to some Margaritaville and get hooked up with a lot of big fish.

MP
Old 10-27-2009, 10:14 AM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of

It only matters when my fishing partner Ray, starts counting his out loud!
littledavid123 likes this.
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:18 AM

axle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud of

I'm just happy when I catch a fish....I'm stupid that way sometimes...most of the time....
Old 11-10-2009, 10:26 PM

flyfisher117 will become famous soon enoughflyfisher117 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to flyfisher117

im just happy to catch something...