The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Forum Polls

Forum Polls Find out what forum members think about various fly fishing topics.

View Poll Results: What to do about the number of Forums?
Don't change a thing! 11 22.45%
I want more Forums, not less! 1 2.04%
There are way too many Forums! 15 30.61%
There are a few too many Forums! 7 14.29%
What ever you want to do! 15 30.61%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2009, 05:23 PM

Lone Star is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Number of Forums

I mostly read the new posts anyway and anything with streamers . You guys run the show. Thanks for asking. Lone Star
Old 10-08-2010, 04:36 PM

gjcordray is a jewel in the roughgjcordray is a jewel in the roughgjcordray is a jewel in the roughgjcordray is a jewel in the rough

The classifieds, fly tying, and the forums outside the US could all be condensed a bit. However, I really frequent three or four forums and the fact the others exist do not hinder my ability to find or post information. But whatever you think Frank. I have complete trust. Either way it is nice to know you guys care enough to ask. Good work.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:54 PM

okuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Yahoo to okuma

I voted whatever you want to do. I shift thru only those that have interest on in my area anyway. You do have a nice variety for all however. Sincerely.....Mike
Old 10-12-2010, 05:23 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

If you really want to reduce the number of forums (thought I do not think it is a serious problem as is) I would suggest consolidating. Some logical places look to be: taking the entire FAQ section and divvying all those and making them permanent "sticky" threads at the top of their prospective forums. For example there is a "casting" FAQ which could go live in "The Fly Cast" general discussion forum. The "tying" FAQ forum is the busiest one with all of 50 posts, I believe that is because if someone is looking for info on tying they will go to the Tying forum and ask a question.

Seems like there are a lot of Classifieds and they don't get used much, can you consolidate there? The ebay forum is enormously popular, and I think it is a pretty sweet link, but honesty, I just went and clicked on the "rods for sale" forum and there are like 100 pages. If I am seriously looking for a rod on ebay, I want to search for some specifics and not see every rod available. But it is popular.

Then after you rearrange the geographical areas, move that block up a little bit and I think everything will be great.

This is a great site Frank, and mostly because of all the info. It is better to have a lot of forum to keep this apart than too few that are cluttered.

My 2 Cents! Thanks.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:58 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Dean,

Thanks for your suggestions. I might be able to do something with the FAQ, I will take a look. I am looking at all of the forums.

Only Moderators can post to the FAQ section and that is why you see so few Threads/Post. When the same question is asked many times the answer goes into the FAQ. This way a Moderator can go right to the answer and post a link to the responce. Some are used a lot and some are seldom used.

Frank