The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Forum Polls

Forum Polls Find out what forum members think about various fly fishing topics.

View Poll Results: What to do about the number of Forums?
Don't change a thing! 10 20.83%
I want more Forums, not less! 1 2.08%
There are way too many Forums! 15 31.25%
There are a few too many Forums! 7 14.58%
What ever you want to do! 15 31.25%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2009, 12:14 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Number of Forums

Hi Everyone,

I would really appreciate some feed back on this Poll. NAFFF has a bunch of Forms and I wonder if we should cut back the number. Just for instance there are eleven sub-forms in Fly Fishing the United States. Would it be better to cut that down to six or so?

Maybe you like it with many sub-forums so you can easily find information about your state. Some sub-forums get very little action while the Mountain States area gets a lot of action. Let me know what you think.

Frank
Old 12-11-2009, 01:45 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Number of Forums

I voted too many

There's 4 Mexico forums with a total of 27 threads and the 4 Caribbean forums have a grand total of 14.
A little overkill I think

Both the USA and Canada sections could be trimed back to almost half too.
The 4 business classifieds could be one (with sub-forums maybe) and there's 2 member classifieds in two different places. One unused
Articles in 2 different sections and the same with 'Announcements'

Before my son upgraded my computer, it took forever to load the whole forums page.
I had to close out the sections that I wasn't interested in just to make it quicker

just sayin'
Old 12-11-2009, 03:30 PM

Jimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud of

I voted whatever the admin wants to do. First the people running NAFF are more in touch with what it takes to keep the site running efficiently. Second the only time I refer to "which forum" is whenever I start a new thread. Otherwise I like to look at all posting so I usually go to "NEW POSTS" or "TODAYS POSTS". IMO, I'd like to see the forum open to a list of the most recent activity postings.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:44 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Frank,

I went: Whatever you want to do, based on the fact that I only ever use the main discussion board, fly tying, and some of the most active forums I post comments on. I think you will make a good decision.

Ard
Old 12-11-2009, 05:09 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Rip Tide,

Thanks for your candid answer. This is just the information I am looking for. I share your opinion that there are too many forms and they should be cut back. Since the change over there are some forums that have been duplicated with new forums but the old forums were not deleted. I am going to be working on this for a while. The trick is to not lose any threads if we can help it.

Frank
Old 12-11-2009, 05:55 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Frank: I voted that there are too many forums, I definitely agree with Rip Tide.

Larry
Old 12-12-2009, 07:41 AM

raym is on a distinguished road

Frank,
I agree with Larry and Rip Tide. You can't be everything to everybody. Count the hits on each forum and whittle them down to the most used.
Ray
Old 12-12-2009, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

I voted a few too many...but Frank, you're wise enough to make a good decision
Old 12-12-2009, 05:05 PM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

I voted too many, I like others usually just look at today's posts and only use the forums when I am specifically looking for the fly swap thread or starting a new post. I think they could be trimmed by at least a third and maybe more.

Dave
Old 12-12-2009, 06:45 PM

Lambster has a spectacular aura aboutLambster has a spectacular aura about

I think we have to many.......... go by the numbers that are less used! We have a great site here!