The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Forum Polls

Forum Polls Find out what forum members think about various fly fishing topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2009, 07:43 AM

jimw has a spectacular aura aboutjimw has a spectacular aura aboutjimw has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: How many fish fourums do you visit?

I visit this one and 2 local saltwater forums. This forum is kinda limited with the amout of saltwater fly guys, but the ones that are here are top notch. My trout fishing is very limited but i have been to western Md. and caught a few nice trout. I have received some great feedback from every question i have asked here. I think the mods and admin here are awesome and really go above and beyond to keep things running smoothly.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:47 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

This is my home forum, I have (in the past) registered on two others but found the membership's less than accommodating and as Dan has said before me, rather political and perhaps a bit snooty. I have no use for 'snooty' and I have not ever logged on to them again.

I joined this group in the spirit of curiosity and found people here that I am looking forward to meeting one day. The exchange of intellect and opinion on this forum is always polite and congenial and that is a rarity in these times. I look forward to visiting the site as part of my social life.

Ard
Old 12-20-2009, 10:25 PM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

I am registered on 3. This is my home forum and my most active, i read posts on the others, and have done 1 fly swap on one of them. I do post occasionally on a local forum, mostly because an aquaintance of mine frequents that one. It is mostly younger folks, and a lot of the "fishing" tends to be backwoods hiking, which I am getting too old to do. But it is local, so I check it out occasionally.

As I said, this is my home forum, I like Ard, have no patience for the peyton place antics of some of the other forums. So, this is where I am, and hopefully I don't ruffle many feathers here or I am not sure what I would do with myself when I can't fish and am not at work.

Dave
Old 12-21-2009, 06:19 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
as Dan has said before me, rather political and perhaps a bit snooty. I have no use for 'snooty' and I have not ever logged on to them again.

Ard
There was a guy who wrote article for fly magazines named William G. Tappley, who unfortunately passed away recently. He wrote an article a while back where a talked about a guy who asked him how to get started in fly fishing. Tappley replied "Are you sure you want to be a fly fisherman? We're horrible snobs you know." I thought it was funny. Unfortunately, it is also true in some cases. There is a forum where where the politics and snooty nonsense has kind of turned me off on it. There are a couple of amazing tyers on it, and I check their posts, but other than that they could shut down and not hurt my feelings at all. It may be the same site Ard is talking about. Sounds like it anyway.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:17 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

This is my main forum, as was mentioned in an earlier post; the people here are great. The other forums I visit once in awhile to mainly see what's going on in my area...

Dan
Old 12-22-2009, 08:36 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

I seldom visit a french flyfishing forum,but the NAFFF is far more friendly and I've met great people hereI was lucky to visit it a few months ago and really enjoy itThanks to all for adopting me
Old 12-22-2009, 10:39 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

JP,

Having you here has been good for business, I understand the NAFF had to hire a moderator just to watch your naughty posting.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 12-22-2009, 10:58 AM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future

I had a bunch of them I wasted my time on and and lately boiled it down to about five I regularly visit.
This is one of the better ones for sure.
It's too bad but two of the forums I was enjoyed visiting made some huge and terrible decisions... one which was a VERY good gear board was handed over to two non-fly fishers and it went downhill quick.
The other, a once great southern board was bought by a guy who let ego get in the way of common sense and banned most anyone who he felt knew more than him, who was older than him or who didn't bow at the feet of czech nymping competitions in which HE could change the rules to better his position.
Rant over... Merry Christmas and thanks for being here!
Old 12-22-2009, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
JP,

Having you here has been good for business, I understand the NAFF had to hire a moderator just to watch your naughty posting.
Only posted a naughty one while you weren't here....but Dan said you had told him to have an eye on me so....I've been as good as gold
Old 01-03-2010, 08:30 PM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold

I visit about four forums regularly. I check out fly tying forums mostly.