The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Forum Polls (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/forum-polls/)
-   -   How Many Fly Boxes Do You Carry In Your Vest/Pack? (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/forum-polls/1254-how-many-fly-boxes-do-you-carry-your-vest-pack.html)

Piscator 06-30-2006 10:06 AM

How Many Fly Boxes Do You Carry In Your Vest/Pack?

I know that it depends upon a lot of different factors: type of water, fish species, area, fly box size, etc. but in general how many fly boxes do you carry in your Vest/Pack/Other?

Thanks,
Terry

gregorykicks 06-30-2006 12:13 PM

Re: How Many Fly Boxes Do You Carry In Your Vest/Pack?

i only have one and it's small and empty. I think i have maybe just over a dozen flies. I stick to the basics since they're consistently good around here.

BigCliff 06-30-2006 03:13 PM

i probably usually have either 3 or more like 6-8 boxes with me, but usually its 3, making the avg 4.

Outdoorarki 06-30-2006 04:33 PM

I normally carry 3.

FowlHabit 06-30-2006 11:25 PM

I just got started in this so I only have one right now. However this addiction will soon to change this!:wink:

freeze69 07-02-2006 09:59 PM

i would have to say 4. although 2 of those are not even fly boxes at all but small clear plano tackle totes. i like them for some of my big streamers. also got a small plano tackle box that has 3 of them in it that i use for a big fly box of sorts.

FowlHabit 07-29-2006 12:32 PM

Uh oh I'm up to 2 boxes now....:rolleyes:

TheFlyMaster 12-08-2006 11:21 AM

I narrowed down my trout fly box to one and after switching over to a chest pack. I got over the "just in case" scenarios years ago when i used to carry 3 boxes. Now I just carry patterns that work in my areas that I faith in.

When it comes to warm water fishing, I have 3 large plano boxes with me. My topwater stuff in one, streamers/craws/ subsurface flies in another, then I have my test box...you know those flies you buy, tie on your own or get from some1 else and have yet to prove themselves. In the winter months I do alot of experimenting tying flies and find ones that work and ones that dont. If they work then they go in my regular boxes.

madriverbrown 03-07-2007 09:58 PM

Two. One for nymphs and dries , one for streamers.

makubwa 03-08-2007 01:56 PM

Depends where fishing. Sometimes - none - just some flies in my hat....