The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Forum Polls

Forum Polls Find out what forum members think about various fly fishing topics.

View Poll Results: Do you use Waders or rough it?
I use Waders 51 29.48%
I rough it 25 14.45%
Depends 97 56.07%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2013, 07:06 PM

flyfisher117 will become famous soon enoughflyfisher117 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to flyfisher117
Default Re: Waders vs. Shorts

Waders, always afraid of some weird little creatures attaching themselves to my legs.

Want to see a grown man scream like a girl? Let him reach under water to pick up a rock and have a big ole bug crawl onto his hand.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:02 AM

billyspey has a spectacular aura aboutbillyspey has a spectacular aura about

Depends when they get wet and soggy they pull down and show your a$$.or do you use suspenders with you Depends.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:26 PM

random user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the rough

I generally have 7 mm neoprene chest waders and boots in the car. If I can avoid putting them on I do. Few places I fish, they make life a lot easier.

I bank walk as much as possible in knee high "muck boots"

Big things for me are ticks and poison ivy. Really thinking about 3 or 5 mm neoprene hip boots.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:38 PM

Location: live in the south, but have a second home in Durango Co. Hope to be there full time some day!
troutcomegetit is on a distinguished road

Depends...waders in certain situations, quick dry pants and neoprene socks for others. Flip flops and wade fishing! Too bold for me. Flips in the drift boat! Cheers mate!
Old 01-16-2014, 01:49 PM

mamachong1 is on a distinguished road

it really wont matter at the time,as long as I have a rod and time >I'M ALL IN<!!!..reminds me of a time when I was in Ireland,hitting the pubs in Galway.
saw a gentleman in a fine tweed jacket,wool cap,smoking a pipe fly fishing.
I immediately ran up to the bridge to see what was goin on.it was mainly tourists ,such as myself,taking pictures.WELL, AFTER LOOKING OVER,INTO THE WATER I SAW ALL THESE SALMON,,i couldn't get to our car fast enough,all I had w/ me in the bonnet was a light spinning set up.needless to say I grabbed a handful of spinners etc.RAN BACK AND HOPPED IN~!!!
THE LAUGHTER I GOT FROM THE LOCALS--"HEY LOOK AT THE YANK,LOOK AT THE YANK"--they didn't have to look too long as I nailed about 4 brown sea runs....soaking wet and smiling I dripped my way back to the car.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:04 PM

siege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud of

Nice to see this old post " float to the surface "
I live where the water is cold all year long. Almost all of my fishing is done with waders on. As Big Bird once said, " You could freeze your giblets off up here "
Old 03-11-2014, 04:52 PM

smoothie will become famous soon enough

I will wear waders from Nov. 1 to April 1, and then I wet wade the rest of the year.

I have some quick dry fishing pants made by Cloudveil that are awesome for wet wading...I much prefer them to wearing shorts or a swimming suit.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:50 PM

Mnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really nice

Depends on the place I'm fishing. If it is a spot where I can stay knee deep I will wet wade. If it's deeper than that or a new stretch. I prefer waders.

Sent from my iPhone
Old 03-11-2014, 08:02 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothie View Post
I will wear waders from Nov. 1 to April 1, and then I wet wade the rest of the year.

I have some quick dry fishing pants made by Cloudveil that are awesome for wet wading...I much prefer them to wearing shorts or a swimming suit.
Man you have mas grande huevos , I love wet wading and am built for warmth so to speak. Man i can't get in the high mt streams here in the Rockies until June or so. I hate those tweeter months where the weathers warm enough to wet wade but my sissy side makes me wear waders.

I wet wade in to October but by then the streams are low enough flows to only be knee deep max.

I need to look into those cloudveil pants