The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Forum Polls (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/forum-polls/)
-   -   Your Fishing Frequency, How often; (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/forum-polls/150777-your-fishing-frequency-how-often.html)

Hardyreels 06-18-2011 12:07 PM

Your Fishing Frequency, How often;

Just a look at the frequency for outings to streams, rivers, lakes and ponds from this membership. It will be hard to have enough categories because sometimes there is no rule for frequency. Flooding, drought, and all sorts of weather not to mention personal obligations can affect the difference between what you want to do and what you end up doing. For this situation I have the 'whenever I can' choice.

Mostyn 06-18-2011 12:20 PM

Re: Your Fishing Frequency, How often;

Hi Ard,

I live alongside my local river; and within 20 minutes, I can be fishing the tributaries and small streams that flow in to the main stem; which is where I do most of my fishing here in the UK.

Hardyreels 06-18-2011 12:27 PM

Hi,

I just sent a PM to you, hadn't yet seen this post. If I'm remembering correctly you're the man behind the Chalk Stream threads with all the graylings............. Love those spring creeks.

Ard

Mostyn 06-18-2011 12:55 PM

Hi Ard,

It's an obsession of mine "Fishing Small Streams" and "Being As One With Mother Nature" I have made a visit here many times; and always enjoyed reading the threads - posts and comments on here! Seems like a wonderful community.

caseywise 06-18-2011 02:03 PM

i like to go as often as possible. lots of options within a reasonable driving distance of where i live. if nothing else, ill stop by our local pond for some panfish action. when on vacation in alaska its every day. well unless im halibut fishing:D

casey

jpbfly 06-18-2011 02:47 PM

Just voted...usually once or twice a week....I'm lucky I can flyfish twelwe months a year here:)

Rip Tide 06-18-2011 03:44 PM

There was a time when I fished 4-5 days a week, in season, for better than 10 years straight. (trout bum :rolleyes:)
But I can't get away with that now.

I go when I can and I take "fishing only" vacations

littledavid123 06-18-2011 07:08 PM

One or two days a week for me and doesn't matter if they are generating, raining or snowing. Only been fly fishing since January so it's all new to me and besides, catching is only a small part of this sport to me.:D

Dave

bennypapa 04-16-2012 09:30 PM

Haven't been in ages.

Jackster 04-16-2012 10:06 PM

I spent the past two decades fishing all week and then sneaking out sometimes on weekends. My job drove that. It was either fly fish or become a drunk driving, divorced lounge-lizard.
Now that I'm not working it's sad to say that my fishing days have slowed way down.
I'll still get my licks in but it's no longer on the corporate dime. That changes things big time.