The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Forum Polls

Forum Polls Find out what forum members think about various fly fishing topics.

View Poll Results: What Rod Color Do You Like the Best?
Green 49 29.52%
Brown 21 12.65%
Olive 15 9.04%
Gold 5 3.01%
Blue 26 15.66%
Gray 13 7.83%
Black 24 14.46%
Burgundy 12 7.23%
Purple 0 0%
Pink 1 0.60%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2007, 11:18 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: What Color Fly Rod Do You Like the Best?

Hi to all,

I have been following this thread and I voted for olive. But now that I think about it my favorite color of rod is Bamboo.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:48 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

You just beat me to it Frank....I was going to say NATURAL or FLAMED LOL
Old 08-30-2007, 02:24 PM

trouty is on a distinguished road

Interesting that 45% of us [25% 'green' + 20% 'olive'] prefer what amounts to GREEN...
Old 08-30-2007, 02:51 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

My two favorite rods besides my Boo and Glass would be Orvis TL ( the top of the line for its time later replaced with the TLS and now the Power Matrix)
It had top of the line guides, cork and reel seat but also was in the over $500. It was a beautiful Kelly Green (gone now, was stolen last year) It's replacement would be the RED. As in the Orvis Zero Gravity and the Trout Bum, plus that last of the 2pc. Far and Fine.
The Winston is a BEAUTIFUL Green, but the other two are the ones I use the most. Action is a big part of it.
Ugliest color I would say is the Baby Poop color of the T3. Good thing the rod is so incredible LOL
Old 09-26-2007, 12:09 PM

steve l. johnson is on a distinguished road

Not only do I like green or olive, but I think the guides should be dark and not shiny chrome, the more the rod looks like a stick the better...
Old 10-27-2007, 09:02 AM

trout champ will become famous soon enough

I voted black, but it doesn't really matter to me. I have an Eagle Claw that is black and a Sage that is a copper/gold color. I want to build my own rod but I haven't decided on a color yet - but I'm leaning towards red maybe or just natrual.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:42 PM

natureday is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to natureday

I don't think the fish really like the pink color. And the fisherman don't either
Hehehe
Anna
Old 12-06-2007, 01:52 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Matte Gray.
I bought into the idea years ago that anything you can do to keep fish from noticing you and spooking is a good thing, see them before they see you.
I prefer a dull finish to shiny on my equipment for that reason, I am sure the glare and flash of sunlight off a rod, reel, forceps even sunglasses has spooked many a fish.
Anyway most rods I build and use are a dull finish.

The colors and finishes on some of the rods out there now are truly beautiful, along with the exotic wood inserts, and amazing hardware.
Sure would be a shame to have to get the steelwool out and take the shine off a new Winston. LOL just kiddin!!
Old 12-06-2007, 09:28 PM

tightlines57 will become famous soon enoughtightlines57 will become famous soon enough
Re: What Color Fly Rod Do You Like the Best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by natureday View Post
I don't think the fish really like the pink color. And the fisherman don't either
Hehehe
Anna
Didn't TFO make a pink one for breast cancer awareness?

With so many rods of assorted colors and styles, including the natural boo, I do not have a preference.
Old 01-06-2008, 02:55 PM

irish greg is on a distinguished road

i personally think most of our rods should be a mix of a grey/white mix as most predatory birds have a grey/white underside.and as these birds are a hell of a lot better fishmen than us.maybe their trying to tell us something.and also a matt finish as well.