The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Forum Polls

Forum Polls Find out what forum members think about various fly fishing topics.

View Poll Results: What Rod Color Do You Like the Best?
Green 49 29.52%
Brown 21 12.65%
Olive 15 9.04%
Gold 5 3.01%
Blue 26 15.66%
Gray 13 7.83%
Black 24 14.46%
Burgundy 12 7.23%
Purple 0 0%
Pink 1 0.60%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2008, 08:42 PM

plland is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What Color Fly Rod Do You Like the Best?

IMO it depends less on the color and more on the finish and overall presentation of that color. I voted for grey though because it's more like the natural color of graphite.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:37 PM

shooter is on a distinguished road

I voted burgundy,I never owned a fenwick rod but I always liked that color,it looked burgundy to me,whatever it was it was pretty to look at.

shooter
Old 07-25-2008, 11:50 AM

WANTONJ is on a distinguished road
Re: What Color Fly Rod Do You Like the Best?

I like dark navy blue,finish bright with clear translucent so you can see the cloth weave,some of the nicely made rods that show this are very pretty, hardware black with fighting butt,stainless guides.
have a good and safe day.

Captain Wayne Valley Fire Service,Valley Springs Calif.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:08 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

I voted for pink. I figure I could probably lay a pink rod down at the river bank, go take a whiz grab a few cold ones and come back, it'll still be there. No one would try to heist a pink rod. It's too easily recognized. And most guys would be embarrased to fish with one.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:48 PM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

Basic black for me. It looks good with any outfit I wear, even my fur seal brown neoprene waders. And it doesn't make me look fat.
Yatahey!
Old 07-29-2008, 08:22 PM

Lambster has a spectacular aura aboutLambster has a spectacular aura about

I have two that I like........ medium blue or semi gloss Gray with low gloss black....... for less reflectiveness!

Lambster
Old 08-28-2008, 11:38 PM

racine is a jewel in the roughracine is a jewel in the roughracine is a jewel in the roughracine is a jewel in the rough

To me it's more about performance than about color. My flyrods run the gamut of cost, color, etc. but if it does the job I'll keep it. Granted Winston Green is nice, Sage Burgundy but again it's all about function. I bought a Red car the last time not because I'm partial to red but because I wanted to be seen in rainy, gloomy, foggy weather on a busy and crazy interstate. It seems to me that popular colors like silver, burgundy, black, always seem to be the ones getting clobbered. If a yellow one catches 3 times more fish or has twice the feel of a nice blue one, I'll buy it.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:53 PM

Midwest flyfish kid will become famous soon enough

i like a plain black matte with a dull finish. I think a high gloss fiinsih is prettier but i dont want to be waving around a 9" flyrod reflecting the light at the fish
Old 12-11-2008, 11:28 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I wouldn't know what to vote for on color, I like my old dull grey Far and Fine but have Dk. green, black, blue, and bronze colored shafts. What I like the most is wood. I use a few cane rods and they are by far (my opinion) more pleasing to the eye than graphite shafts. Once adorned with the proper reel they are not only a link to the origins of the sport but truly wonderful casting and fish catching implements.

With that said, I like fly rods in general, all rods, all colors, all makers, there isn't a thread of prejudice in my rod preference.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:36 AM

fshfanatic will become famous soon enough

I like the color of the Sage FLi's I have a few of them and they are my fav.. So, I guess they are sort of a burnt orange.