The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Forum Polls (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/forum-polls/)
-   -   What Color Fly Rod Do You Like the Best? (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/forum-polls/1944-what-color-fly-rod-do-you-like-best.html)

Fish Bones 04-26-2007 09:01 AM

What Color Fly Rod Do You Like the Best?

What Color Fly Rod Do You Like the Best?

There have been an increasing number of rod colors to become available. I know the fish don't care but I want to know what you think? So, I'd like to know what rod color is your favorite from a cosmetic point of view. It doesn't matter what rod you presently own... just tell us what color you presently like the best.

So, please place your poll vote and feel free to make a post to add comments. For example: Who makes the rod in your favorite color?... Do you prefer a matte or glossy finish?... What hardware color do you like?

Thank you very much for your participation.

Colorado Cajun 04-26-2007 11:21 AM

Re: What Color Fly Rod Do You Like the Best?

I have 2 green and 2 black. I voted green but to me it really don't matter. As long as I like the way it cast.

BigCliff 04-26-2007 01:58 PM

I actually like the raw unprettied look of Scott's G and Heli-Ply series rods. It has the glint of the graphite fibers and you can see how it was rolled up. The translucent thread they use in the wraps combined with the hand painted lettering just appeals to me.

Outside of that, the orangy burgundy of Sage's TCR rod's is awfully pretty.

BruceN 04-26-2007 05:50 PM

I chose green, particularly darker 'forest' or 'hunter' greens (like on the Winston Boron and LT rods), but some of the reds on the newer Orvis rods are quite nice. I like a glossy finish with polished nickel or gold colored hardware and nice polished wood reel seat.

Bruce

ezamora 04-26-2007 11:02 PM

i wrap my own rods so everything from the cosmetic point of view is equally important to me as the componentry. i like the ease of matching thread colors when dealing with grey satin or matte blanks, but i wish i had a nice olive color to wrap upon like the new TFO finese or the winston vapor. there's a company called CTS which offers a wide range of colors for their blanks so you have many options and i must admit their tangerine color also intrigues me. i also like the chestnut brown with a slight metallic sheen of the batson RX7+ series of blanks and those tiger eyes sure look purdy in the sun. but i voted for the olive.

eric
fresno, ca.

Bob Lang 04-27-2007 05:58 PM

I have green, light green, gray and black. Gray is the one I use the most (5wt, 8.5', Medium Flex). It could be yellow, pink, orange or blue for all I care. Just as long as I am comfortable using it and it helps me get the fly where I want it and I will be happy.

jdgrubbjr 07-07-2007 04:39 PM

Green, green, and green. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Fishplease 07-07-2007 09:16 PM

I have a navy blue rod, and a bright yellow fly rod.
But I voted for blue because I use it the most.

imxer 07-27-2007 08:50 AM

G Loomis matte grey

trouty 08-29-2007 10:43 AM

Olive green [as per Sage XP or Z-Axis.]