The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Forum Polls

Forum Polls Find out what forum members think about various fly fishing topics.

View Poll Results: Please select a response for each option
Yes I would be interested in attending 18 47.37%
Not interested 3 7.89%
The location would be the most important factor for my participation 21 55.26%
Timing (as in dates) would be my biggest concern with attendance 6 15.79%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2011, 03:10 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis
Default Re: A First Annual NAFFF Conference / Meeting;

If location was somewhere like Yellowstone or such, then i would def bring the other half and the nipper.

Addicted To Vise

Last edited by s fontinalis; 12-14-2011 at 03:29 PM.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:34 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Referring back to dean_mt's post, Marty and I stayed at Chico Hot Springs a couple of years ago. As you say, it's a great place; very relaxed, reasonably priced and right in the middle of some awesome fishing!

Pocono
Old 12-14-2011, 03:45 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

JP, your tour will have to include a stop-over in Buffalo if its the right time of year, we can chase steelhead and some big browns!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 12-14-2011, 04:51 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Buffallo,Fishing for The Steelheads & Browns would also be a good venue.

Larry I'll keep that in mind Pinedale,Jackson Hole is a lovely spot a bit closer to the Fishing than Laramie down the bottom of the state,I looked at Turpin Meadows & their Packhorse Trip to their Mountain Camp,however I went to Cody & at that time they were having trouble with The Bears in Yellystone .
You guys are blessed with the waters you have as we have the Driest Continent on Earth,our Rivers,Streams are just recovering,some will never be the same,as we are putting in Thousand & Thousands of Rainbows & Browns after a ten year drought.
Brian
Old 12-14-2011, 05:16 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

In all honesty, Buffalo isn't an awful venue when it comes to sheer selection of waters surrounding it, but out of pure selfishness I'd love if the conference was held somewhere I haven't fished before
Returning to seriousness:
Buffalo's airport is fairly centrally located within an 1-1.5 hour drive of some very good water. While I know some of them, Mike/Nockhunter knows more and I know mrfzx and others are also familiar with the waters of WNY. The Salmon River isn't a very long drive, and I know the Delaware River is only four hours away as well. Certainly some of the waters in Buffalo are combat fishing at its finest, but given a good arrival time, a good number of people can fish a particular hole even in these areas. I'd have a much better time if all the people surrounding me were NAFFFers There are other waters, however, where there are far less people, where if you see one or two people it might be a rather busy day. If it were to be held in Buffalo, I'd have no qualms with shuttling people to and fro, and depending on where I'm living at the time as I will soon be looking for a new place, even offering a guest room or a couch if necessary! Buffalo does offer the chance to catch some seriously large browns and quite good lake-run steelhead, with a smattering of several species of salmon as well.

NEVERTHELESS, I will totally use my frequent flyer miles if we hold the conference out West, juuuuust saying, haha.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 12-14-2011, 05:18 PM

grassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nice

i say we all go fishing in the keys huge fish great weather beautiful scenery
Old 12-14-2011, 05:22 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassonfly View Post
i say we all go fishing in the keys huge fish great weather beautiful scenery
Grassonfly, I don't have gear big enough to handle your kind of fishing...
Would be fun though.

Dave
Old 12-14-2011, 05:30 PM

grassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nice

thats true alot of guys on here are pure trout
Old 12-15-2011, 01:48 AM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Grassonfly.
Even though I've done afair bit of Saltwater/Tropical Fishing,have all The Gear & would like to visit Florida for an innauguaral get together somewhere to fish for Trout would probably suit more people & subsequently more would attend

Gatortransplant.
You are right it's good to fish different places,there's heaps of places as Ard mentioned Transportation would be an issue for many.

Brian.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:13 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
JP, your tour will have to include a stop-over in Buffalo if its the right time of year, we can chase steelhead and some big browns!
Thanks for the invitation AJthat's very kind....may have to spend a few months in the states

Dean I think you didn't understand my post.... My friend Larry is planning to come in France in the spring