The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Forum Polls

Forum Polls Find out what forum members think about various fly fishing topics.

View Poll Results: Please select a response for each option
Yes I would be interested in attending 18 47.37%
Not interested 3 7.89%
The location would be the most important factor for my participation 21 55.26%
Timing (as in dates) would be my biggest concern with attendance 6 15.79%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2011, 06:42 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default A First Annual NAFFF Conference / Meeting;

The purpose of this poll is to gage the level of interest within our membership in attending a first of its kind meeting. This would give our members the opportunity to meet one another and for us to actually go fishing together. We have members who are certified casting instructors, and some professional photographers. We have members who are full time guides as well as part time guides. Based on the results of this polling we can determine whether such a meet will ever take place. If we have an overwhelming interest then some planning will be in line.

Once we establish that it could happen the next step will be to offer a poll for venue (location) choices and we would move on from there to develop some programs for those in attendance. This entire process will be decided by polling results. There will be addition polls if they are needed based on interest.

The Poll will close out on February 13, so if you have read and are interested please fill in the blanks and leave a comment.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;

Last edited by Hardyreels; 12-13-2011 at 06:57 PM.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:48 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A First Annual NAFFF Conference / Meeting;

I would like to participate, my time card is rather filled but write a request list of areas you may need assistance and I will pitch in.

Dave
Old 12-13-2011, 06:56 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute

Dave,

This idea is just a twinkle in the eye as of now, I will wait to see what results are and then work from there.

Old 12-13-2011, 07:11 PM

jcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nice

Thats going to be tough to do. A few years ago someone posted on Glocktalk the same thing and people who were local got together in their areas.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:13 PM

grassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nicegrassonfly is just really nice

rather than one huge meeting there should be monthly regional meetings its more managable and the forum has members from all over the country untiting them without plane rides is impossible
Old 12-13-2011, 09:22 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

I'd certainly be interested in attending. For me its all about timing, but I'm not averse to hopping on a plane and jet-setting out west if need be!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 12-13-2011, 09:57 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

I could certainly make it happen given the necessary time to make arrangements.

It would certainly be a fun time, with lots of lies told no doubt!

And with a different destination every year (provided its successful) would be cool. To get to fish perhaps some of the best waters in the country is certainly top of my bucket list.

Addicted To Vise
Old 12-13-2011, 10:39 PM

cochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant future

I like the idea of one meet, one location. I would sure try to make it. Chose an area with a large fishing area so that all in attendance can fish reasonably close and plenty of options.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:03 PM

cromney is just really nicecromney is just really nicecromney is just really nicecromney is just really nice

This would be a lot of fun. It would be a lot of fun to do but of course date and location are key factors. If it's with in a days drive of me, count me in. I can bring the drifter too. Island Park, ID or West Yellowstone, MT would be a good venue. Lots of rivers and stillwater to chose from.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:26 AM
Administrator

As far as breaking this down to a region by region thing members can always use the PM system here to communicate with one another and arrange meeting. This would be a one time meet (unless we chose to have a second) in an area that would offer the people in attendance something special. As I said, once we had a measure of interest we could then put a date and location up for you to consider.

Because of the scenery and diverse fishing opportunities the Rocky Mountain area is the most probable venue.

For many of the members, judging by your presence here; day to day, month to month, and year after year, it would seem a natural progression that we all might meet someday. The idea of having 2 or 3 days to meet and fish in a great location was spawned by the "Fishing With Forum Friends" thread.

Closed Thread