The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Forum Polls

Forum Polls Find out what forum members think about various fly fishing topics.

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2012, 04:16 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Dream Destinations......

Hello Fellow Dreamers,

I would like to take the boat over to Kodiak so I could provide my own 'water taxi' in order to reach many of the rivers that are off the road system. This can be done but weather & sea conditions along with range and fuel requirements are a big consideration. It would mean traveling along the coast for many miles completely on your own and I need to get all the right gear for the boat before I could ever try such an adventure.

I tend to keep my dreams withing a reasonable grasp. When I lived in the lower 48 states I traveled every year to somewhere that seemed exotic to me. Many of the 'exotic' places turned out to be within 70 miles of home while some were thousands of miles away. If you start early and go often you will be able to create your own memories of the dreams that came true.

One thing I learned about dreaming; don't ever think that you're too late to experience something that exists in America or neighboring Canadian Provinces. When I first went looking for salmon it was 1980 on the coastal rivers of Northern Maine, the worst of times for the once numerous Atlantic Salmon but I went anyway. It took until 1984 until I actually caught one but the memory is precious. I knew a lot of guys who talked about doing it but none who were trying. I camped in some of the most beautiful places in America and Canada and traveled by motorcycle. It was a hard way to live a dream but it beat the heck outta dreaming about what I would do some day.

The signature line I chose on my posting since I joined this group was a testament to what I learned in the first 50 years of my life and I'll stand by them until the years come to a close. Dreams are good but you gotta live every day like it's a dream come true.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-04-2012, 04:46 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Alaska to fish those tough to get to rivers with Ard.
Australia reef fishing and shark.
South America Peacocks , Dorado and Trout.
And one last trip to the Marquesas Keys for whatever swims by.
Go out with a fish on!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 04-04-2012, 05:22 PM

popperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to all
Send a message via Skype™ to popperfly

Alaska would be my dream trip, number one on the bucket list right now. Second would be down in the Keys or the Island of Grand Bahama for some Bonefishing

Born to Fish...Forced to Work !
Old 04-04-2012, 07:25 PM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

Alaska first, that place where Len fished today and landed like a million trout is starting to come in a close second

d

1. the fact or state of having been affected by or gained knowledge through direct observation or participation

2. that thing you get just moments after you needed it.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:00 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

I'm right there along the lines of Ausablebrown, although every few plunge pools there would be a 12 incher all colored up!
Old 04-13-2012, 11:41 PM

attila will become famous soon enough

Anywhere the fish are biting
Old 04-14-2012, 12:27 AM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

peacock bass in brazil is one of my dreams. another is the already mentioned taimen in mongolia.

casey

ARFE
Old 04-16-2012, 09:06 PM

bennypapa is on a distinguished road

Canada. I'd love to go to Canada.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:32 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Real dream- Kamchatka

Far-off dream- Seychelles

Bucket list- LA Marsh, Olympic Peninsula, Andros, Campeche, and Alaska

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:24 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

To fish with Ard someday.....oh, wait a minute I'm going to visit him in August.
caseywise and mridenour like this.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*