The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Forum Polls

Forum Polls Find out what forum members think about various fly fishing topics.

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 12:08 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dream Destinations......

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennessee dave View Post
Idaho's Henry's Fork and the rivers around Bozeman, Montana have provide me with lifetime memories. I see no reason to ever go anywhere else. Many of my dreams have come true in those two locations.
Dave: I agree, there are so many great destinations right here in the U.S. Sure, if I won the Lottery I'd be going to Chile, Argentina, Mongolia, Kamchatka, New Zealand, back to Alaska, etc. In the meantime, I'm enjoying the fantastic fishing right here in the Rockies, down the road I want to travel for Redfish in LA and maybe some Tarpon in FL.

trout trekker: I found your post about fishing through the Sierra Range 40 years ago to be a very interesting concept. It reminds me of a podcast I was listening to the other day about Greenback trout back in the late 1800's on the Front Range of Colorado. At that time, the Greenback trout was so aboundant they would catch them by the 55 gallon barrel full or just fill up the back of horse drawn wagons and feed them to the mining camps. The size of fish was much larger than the trout you find today. Back then there was no thought about conservation and they almost wiped out that species.

Old 01-27-2013, 02:36 PM

rockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of light

Alaska, and hopefully 2014 works out for me. ( Ard.)
Old 01-27-2013, 02:45 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

If there's fish there.. I dream of catching them.. And all of those places are my dream destination
mcnerney and thorsten like this.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:58 PM

jtliving is on a distinguished road

Honestly,

I dream of a couple of days in a row across the border in western Wisconsin in the little streams in the Kinnickinnik and Rush watersheds. I've only been fly fishing since last year but the times I've gone have been just magical and I can't wait to go again!
Old 04-09-2013, 11:27 AM

troutfanatic is on a distinguished road

Like a lot of you guys have already stated already, there are so many cool destinations that are so close to many of us. But I guess if I had to pick a dream destination I would have to narrow it down to 3 places: Kamchatka, New Zealand, and/or Patagonia.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:07 PM

thorsten has a spectacular aura aboutthorsten has a spectacular aura aboutthorsten has a spectacular aura about

Hello,

My dream destination is North America or the northern parts of Scandinavia, because there is so much space that you can get a real feeling of freedom. I would prefer to stay just with my tent somewhere in the wilderness at a river with some good trouts or graylings.

I do not need to catch many fishes, just one or two a day to get my lunch and dinner

THORSTEN
Old 04-11-2013, 02:31 AM

cw76 has a spectacular aura aboutcw76 has a spectacular aura about

St. Brandon's Atoll off the coast of Madagascar.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:56 PM

trout champ will become famous soon enough

Kamchatka, New Zealand, and all over South America.

One day I will win the lotto...

Randy
Old 04-16-2013, 01:46 PM

stenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud of

Yellowstone.

No real desire to go further than that.

"We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring
Old 04-16-2013, 03:05 PM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute

While I dream of New Zealand, Patagonia, golden dorado, peacocks, and any species of fish in the salt, I'm more than happy to live in the middle of some of the best trout fishing the world has to offer, the Greater Yellowstone area. Within an hour-and-a-half I'm on the Madison, Henry's Fork, Henry's Lake, Hebgen Lake, the Firehole, South Fork of the Snake River, Teton River, and so many others. And, while there are many legendary spring creeks in and around this area, one holds a special place in my heart and fishes as well or better than any of those notable springs, and most days I have it all to myself. It doesn't get any better!

"No-Tellum" Spring Creek, ID:
Click the image to open in full size.

I'm very happy where I'm planted...

Kelly.
stenacron likes this.